We're moving to Northern VA so we need to find a new vet

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Big news! We're moving back east on July 1st to Falls Church, VA (Northern VA, close to DC) and a long cross country trip is ahead of us :w00t: we've been prepping for this trip for a while now by driving up to Northern CA - longest we've driven is 8 hours and the dogs are perfect angels. We are planning on covering about 10-12 hours each day with pit stops included. My older 2 dogs are pros with long car trips - Curly is getting there. Usually he will start whimpering when he wants to stretch his legs LOL

Anyhow, like a good mama I am already concerned about finding a vet. I checked out the vet recommendation page and saw
Cherrydale Animal Hospital listed as a recommended office. When I went to look at reviews online I saw a bunch of mix reviews so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them? I know that online reviews are always the extreme - either people who are absolutely in love or absolutely hate it, so I don't want to base my opinion on the reviews 100%. Arlington is close enough to Falls Church for me to drive to. The other VA recommendation is in Richmond and that would just be too far esp. in case of emergencies.

Also, if anyone does live in the area, do you have any other recommendations for a vet?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I forget the name of the member that recommended Cherryvale, but they did really like them --- why not make a list of questions and give them a call to get a feel for them?

Maizy

Oct 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maizy
I don't know where is a good vet, but we may be moving to Northern VA next summer. I live in the Midwest, and our vet office had mixed reviews online but so far no issues. I'd say go with what's closest and see how you feel on the first visit.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
My husband is going to ask around his unit to see where everyone gets their pets seen at. Hopefully he will encounter someone with a bully - they are popular with military families :)

When we moved to LA from Philly it was easy for us to find a vet because my husband's best friend lives down the street and recommended us to his. She's been great with the dogs although she's a bit pricey.

Most Reactions