Other UGH - Banks is sick, again

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She had this issue back in Feb/Mar and it is back... ( http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...up-means-POO-everywhere/page2&highlight=Banks)

I am in turmoil as we are scheduled to leave for Chicago tomorrow morning at 4 AM. We can not take her with us in this condition as we are staying with family that has a 3 month old and a 2 year old. So... we are placing her in the hospital(our vet) for the week. I feel horrible

I have been up all night, worried about leaving her and beating myself up because I should stay with her and forget about vacation. But, knowing what she went through in the last round of this, a FULL month before it cleared up and nothing I can do but give her meds, clean her and the mess left behind. My head is spining and my heart hurts for her.... she spent almost 4 hours pacing and panting last night, I ended up giving her 1/2 a sendative (ok'd by my vet) to get her to sleep.

I am sitting at my desk in tears, feeling that I am just 'dumping her' at the vet so I can go play.... :cry: UGH!! I know it is the right thing, but if feel like :poo:

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Awe, I'm so very sorry! I can imagine you do feel horrible. I wish I could say something to help....
Thoughts and prayers are with ya'll. She'll be in the best care (besides your care, of course).
Have a safe trip

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Aww poor Banks. Maybe the vet can put some balm on her bum before it gets raw like last time. Can they give her anything to stop the :poo: ?
She is in good hands with the vet. Try to enjoy your vacation.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgAww Christine I'm so sorry Banks is sick again. It's never a good time for something like this to happen, but when it does, it's usually when you're going away or on holidays. This happens even with children, they get sick just when you have plans for a trip, or family gathering. Don't feel guilty, Banks will be in the best place possible and get the care he needs from the vet. Hopefully he can clear up the anal gland infection before he gets as sore as be was last time, and when you return, he'll be healed and feeling better. Try to enjoy your vacation with your family, and know that Banks will be in a safe place and in good hands. I hope Banks feels better soon. Is there anything that the vet can do to avoid this happening again. Is there some sort of preventative treatment for the anal glands, or this something that Banks will face many times? Sending love, hugs and prayers to you both. Feel better Buddy.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh no!! Poor baby, I'm so sorry she'll be at the very best place she could be at though.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh Christine, why do these things happen at the worst time??! I'm so sorry Banksy is sick again...but she will be in very good, trusting, responsible hands while at the vet's. At least you will know that she's being looked after. You are not just "dumping" her there so get that out of your head right now. :hug:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh no not again! poor Banks. I'm so sorry to hear this but she's going to be in good hands. hope she gets well soon.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Poor sweet Banks. Sending lots of love to you both. I know it will be hard to enjoy your vacation, but she is at the vet and the best place for her. I would take her if i was close.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sweet Christine...STOP IT...you know and so do we, what a fabulous Mother
Banks has (she knows too). Even if you stayed home, there is nothing you can
do and most likely, would put her at Vets, like last time. Momma needs rest &
relaxation so Momma CAN take care of Banksy & Crew, please go and please,
try to have some fun. Thank goodness, your Vet is trusted & known to her...
Banksy can get proper rest too. You also know that I'm praying right now, over
all of you & will continue to do so. GOD just worked a miracle for me this week
so, HE is listening! Sending you love, my darling girl, & hugs of comfort & strength!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is there anything that the vet can do to avoid this happening again. Is there some sort of preventative treatment for the anal glands, or this something that Banks will face many times? Sending love, hugs and prayers to you both. Feel better Buddy.

Maybe the vet can put some balm on her bum before it gets raw like last time. Can they give her anything to stop the :poo: ?

We never were able to determine what the cause was last time, so we have no idea what the trigger is. I balmed her this morning with Monkey Butt and she is on two meds that our vet called into our pharmacy last night that is to help stop it... last time it took a full week for the meds to work.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh no, so sorry to hear this news!!! I think you are doing a wonderful thing by keeping her at the vets because you know and trust them. You are so lucky to have that option, our awesome vet doesn't have overnight care. :(. You know she will be in good hands so you can breathe and try to enjoy yourself. Maybe she can sense the stress of the upcoming vacation and at least you know now and not tomorrow morning . It's a blessing in disguise. You now had time to make the needed changes for her best care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We never were able to determine what the cause was last time, so we have no idea what the trigger is. I balmed her this morning with Monkett Butt and she is on two meds that our vet called into our pharmacy last night that is to help stop it... last time it took a full week for the meds to work.
oh the poor boo boo baby! I hope it doesn't take as long this time. Could it be a sort of colitis? Or IBS?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It sounds like you caught it early, and I'm sure the meds and the cream will help to heal her up soon.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Oh poor Banks, I know how hard it will be but please, please try to enjoy your vacation. He'll be getting care from the vet and you know that they will take great care of your baby.
I hope his bum gets to feeling better fast

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Christine, I am so sorry to hear about poor Banks. Though, if it had to happen-better it happened before you left, so that she will be under Dr.'s care. If not you, who better ? I know you feel guilty to leave her, but it sounds like you have a good vet that you trust, and all that can be done, will be done.
Perhaps it is her nerves-she sensed you were up to something? Anything similar last time that you can think of. Years ago,I had a dog who would get colitis, if I was gone for a few days, soon as I was back-it was over.. Just know she is getting the best care while you are gone(besides your care) and try to enjoy yourself some-I know it won't be easy!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online