Bulldog limping back leg

layoo

Jun 5, 2014
We took Bruno to the vet today because he has been limping on his back leg since yesterday. They took some xrays and found nothing bad so they just told us to rest him and gave us meds. Should we be concearned because we feel like its getting worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:sorry:Aww poor Bruno, so sorry you're going through this with him. Did he jump off the couch or bed and maybe strained his leg? He may have sprained it. The vet didn't find anything wrong, so I would continue to keep an eye on him, give him his meds, and try to keep him as quiet as possible to rest his leg. When Dozer was a little pup, he fell on his paw and he sprained or bruised it. The vet checked him out, and took X-rays, but also didn't find anything wrong, Dozer was favouring his foot and would not walk on it, and he helped when ever we moved him. It was awful to hear him cry. The vet gave him pain medication and an anti inflammatory, we put him on a dog pillow on our bed to sleep, and we carried him up and down the stairs to go outside. During the day we had to crate him so he wouldn't try and walk on his foot. It took 4 days before he would put any weight on his paw, or try to walk on it, then he started to walk on it,but was limping. It took about a week before he walked normal on it. Bruno should be okay in a few days, and if you don't see any improvement in 3 or 4 days, have the vet recheck him, but it does take a few days for it to heal. I hope he feels better soon. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 453
OP
layoo

layoo

Jun 5, 2014
He didnt jump off the couch or the bed. He does go up and down stair everyday so maybe thats where he sprained it. He can actually put some weight on it but it just burts us so much seeing him in this situation. He is usually very active and now he just looks sad. Hopefully the meds work and he goes back to being himself. Thanks

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You're welcome. Sometimes it's just the way they land, or maybe he slept wrong on his leg, I've seen Blossom sleep with her leg in a weird position or sleep on her leg, and when she got up in the morning, she was limping or a little stiff for a bit. The medication should keep him comfortable, and with some rest of his leg, it should be better in a few days.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He didnt jump off the couch or the bed. He does go up and down stair everyday so maybe thats where he sprained it. He can actually put some weight on it but it just burts us so much seeing him in this situation. He is usually very active and now he just looks sad. Hopefully the meds work and he goes back to being himself. Thanks

Monica has you covered.... keep us posted and hopefully he i back to his rampucios slef soon

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Growing pains, bulldogs skeletons grow to fast for the body to allow. I hope he feels better soon.

OP
layoo

layoo

Jun 5, 2014
Well today he is actually putting some weight on his leg so hopefully he will be better in a couple of days

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I hope he gets better quickly!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online