Absolute BEST product for cleaning folds?

• Thread starter Baxter Tiberius
  • Start date

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
We use hemorrhoid wipes! I know, sounds crazy, but they are just witch hazel and aloe. They are great! We get the "up&up" brand from Target in the green box.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We use hemorrhoid wipes! I know, sounds crazy, but they are just witch hazel and aloe. They are great! We get the "up&up" brand from Target in the green box.

Not gross at all, and perfect for daily cleanings. I'll pick up some to give them a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Constance Sombaty

Sep 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisey
Has anyone tired KetoHex pads? I'm trying to decide if the Duoxo pads or the KetoHex pads are best? I've determined that the Malacet pads are probably not best.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Has anyone tired KetoHex pads? I'm trying to decide if the Duoxo pads or the KetoHex pads are best? I've determined that the Malacet pads are probably not best.

never heard of them, but they look to have the same ingredients as Duoxo pads... i have used the Duoxo and they work well, but for a cheaper price you can buy the solution at the local drug store and make up cotton pads .... it is chlorhexidine. [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] taught me this little money saver

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
Hi ...Need pics of ho u restraining your EBs....I hate that word ...contain is that better????

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
We use HexaChlor-K wipes (requires prescription) which dries and clears any yest infection almost immediately.
About once every 2-3 weeks is all that is necessary to clean facial folds and avoid any yeast infections.
Groomer every 6 weeks to get him bathed, nails clipped/buffed, anal glands emptied, ears cleaned, teeth brushed.
TOTW Buffalo and Venison kibble from PetFoodExpress also helps keep his coat brilliant white.

I may need to check on these myself since it has ketoconazole in them to combat yeast. I've used chlorhexidine to clean everything from wrinkles, to tail pockets or any area of irritation that may become infected. You can purchase a gallon for $20-30 and it lasts FOREVER because you dilute it. The smell isn't strong and it's antibacterial. I think you'd save a lot of $ going this route because pads/wipes can be costly and you run out of them so quickly. I like the idea of making your own pads with the chlorhexidine solution but I just use a washcloth.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
never heard of them, but they look to have the same ingredients as Duoxo pads... i have used the Duoxo and they work well, but for a cheaper price you can buy the solution at the local drug store and make up cotton pads .... it is chlorhexidine. @Marine91 taught me this little money saver

Do you just use diluted chlorhexidine? I know it is a long shot, but is there any substitute for the PS (Phytosphingosine salicyloyl) that Douxo claims helps restore the skin's lipid layer? I'd prefer to make my own without the added inactive ingredients.

I experimented with adding chlorhexidine solution to Buttercup's regular fold-wiping solution (which is just an ear flush w ketoconazole, ceramide, & limited added inactive ingredients). So far this seems to work better than the original solution but I'd like to try it a while longer before drawing any conclusions. I diluted it to about 0.25% chlorhexidine.

I am going to try the witch hazel you and others have recommended. Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do you just use diluted chlorhexidine? I know it is a long shot, but is there any substitute for the PS (Phytosphingosine salicyloyl) that Douxo claims helps restore the skin's lipid layer? I'd prefer to make my own without the added inactive ingredients.

I experimented with adding chlorhexidine solution to Buttercup's regular fold-wiping solution (which is just an ear flush w ketoconazole, ceramide, & limited added inactive ingredients). So far this seems to work better than the original solution but I'd like to try it a while longer before drawing any conclusions. I diluted it to about 0.25% chlorhexidine.

I am going to try the witch hazel you and others have recommended. Thanks!
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION]... any input?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I just use 2% chlorohexidine solution for face wrinkles and folds and 4% solution everywhere else. If it isn't too bad i will use witch hazel only. Never looked and any replacement additives as she also gets a coconut oil wipe down once a week after her bath which helps to replace lost oils and such.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
I just use 2% chlorohexidine solution for face wrinkles and folds and 4% solution everywhere else. If it isn't too bad i will use witch hazel only. Never looked and any replacement additives as she also gets a coconut oil wipe down once a week after her bath which helps to replace lost oils and such.

Thanks for the tip! I will up the chlorhexidine in her fold wash as BC's folds are still a little yeasty. How do you apply the coconut oil and how much do you use? Do you use in the folds, too?

Would like to try it as it seemed to help her itchy haunches when I tried it a while back.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Thanks for the tip! I will up the chlorhexidine in her fold wash as BC's folds are still a little yeasty. How do you apply the coconut oil and how much do you use? Do you use in the folds, too?

Would like to try it as it seemed to help her itchy haunches when I tried it a while back.
I just put a little bit in my hands and rub them together then start rubbing it on Harlea.

erikanking

Jan 15, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey
Hi there. How do you dilute this? I purchased the gallon and wanted to put some in a a little bottle but unsure of how much water to use when diluting. Thanks!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online