These rope toys are the most dangerous toys for dogs, they can swallow the strings, and cause an obstruction in their digestive system. My Blossom swallowed some pieces of a rope toy last year, and pooped them out, luckily she didn't get sick from it.
LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.
Brutus ate his as well. I always supervise toy play and inspect them each night when I put them away, but the rope toy was deceiving because I did not notice he was getting a bit of rope off everytime he played with it. I always watch them poop as well and one day I noticed brutus having a hard time and guess what I had to assist coming out the back end??? ROPE TOY!! Thank god it came out!! I will never again give anything with rope on it. I am absolutely neurotic with toy inspection and it did not help. Stay away from rope toys!!
My smooshy face boy!