Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Oh no ! Im so sorry to hear that -when you think everything is ok there is always something going on

Have you tried using sheepskin rugs (not the fluffy ones -ikea does grey version with short fur) or a leather bed you could always buy a leather floor cushion
I hope your baby will improve soon xx sending hugs x

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Todd I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles w/Harlea… but it sounds like you are figuring out what's going on. I'm going to have to start filtered water on Wally his tear stains are getting bad. Did you ever have Harlea tested, or did you decide not to do it?!!

With all we have found out in the last few weeks we have decided to hold off on the allergy testing for now as she is improving with the changes we have made. Now if things flip around we will definitely get it done.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy she is doing better, and glad you found the other things that she was allergic too. Great job, on finding them out.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Todd I was wondering what source of filtered water you use? Do you use bottled water?, filtered water from your tap?, or something like a Brita? We use a pet water dispenser with a built in filter, that we change every 2 months. Do you know if these are good to use?

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hi Todd I was wondering what source of filtered water you use? Do you use bottled water?, filtered water from your tap?, or something like a Brita? We use a pet water dispenser with a built in filter, that we change every 2 months. Do you know if these are good to use?

We use bottled water when we are out and at home we just use the water from our fridge as it is has a filter that only needs to be changed every 4 months and her big wather dish has a charcoal filter that we clean out every week. Just about any filter should work as long as it has at least 2 to 5 membranes to filter the garbage out. Another good one is the Zerowater filter that removes 99% of everything.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so happy to hear that Harlea is improving! slowly but surely...she will get there. Thanks for the info re. her water and potential allergens as this info also helps many of us. Finn licks his paws often and i wonder if it's OCD or a true allergy. I just give him tap water but i'm going to switch to bottled and see if that will make a difference. Interesting about freezing the dry kibble too...i never heard of doing that.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Ooof...what a complex issue. It sounds like you are well into the process of elimination and I am glad Harlea is feeling a little better!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Excellent progress made, hope she continues to improve, sounds like she's almost there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh no ! Im so sorry to hear that -when you think everything is ok there is always something going on

Have you tried using sheepskin rugs (not the fluffy ones -ikea does grey version with short fur) or a leather bed you could always buy a leather floor cushion
I hope your baby will improve soon xx sending hugs x

Actually we have. She has 3 sheepskin beds scattered around the house but none that will fit in her crate. I never thought about the leather one so I will have to look around and see what I can find.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I need to make a correction.... Just got a call from the vet. I was mistaken in the information that was relayed to me. The MRSA is not totally gone yet. :cry::*(:moping::hissy3::pouting::rain::angry::whut?::explode:

Sorry for the smiley abuse... It just felt right at this moment. I just want my baby to get better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I need to make a correction.... Just got a call from the vet. I was mistaken in the information that was relayed to me. The MRSA is not totally gone yet. :cry::*(:moping::hissy3::pouting::rain::angry::whut?::explode:

Sorry for the smiley abuse... It just felt right at this moment. I just want my baby to get better.

Abuse warrented! CRAP!! poor little girl.... sending more prayers to her and hugs to you both

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.