Is this the beginning of a Cherry Eye?

GoCards82

Jan 15, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wacha
Worried about a possible cherry eye on Wacha. Can you guys take a look at the eye on the right and give an opinion. It just seems that his third eyelid is really big in that eye. Normal??? Its not stick out or anything like that, just seems large.

bULg5pF.jpg

MJtYfIQ.jpg

WlwNsVA.jpg

UVpPHRK.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged a few people that have experience with cherry eyes... hopefully they will be along soon

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHi, from the pictures, it doesn't really 100 % look like cherry eye, usually when cherry eye develops the gland is usually popped out in the corner of the eye. Wacha's eyes look red, but there is no gland sticking out. His eyes may be just more droopy than most dogs, or it may still develop into cherry eye. I would keep an eye on it, and if you have any concerns you could ask your vet. I was also going to say he might be suffering from seasonal allergies, as his eyes look red and irritated. How old is Wacha, and what brand of dog food is he eating? My female Blossom developed cherry eye at 5 months old, and we had it repaired when we spayed her at 7 months old.

This is a picture of Blossoms cherry eye before her surgery.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I don't think it looks like cherry eye either. Looks more like his eyes are irritated. Could just be allergies. Try flushing them out with something like Burts Bees for Dogs Eyewash. Should be able to get it, or something like it at any pet store.

This is what cherry eye looked like when Blue first had it.

View attachment 71872

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree with above, looks very irritated but doesn't seem to be cherry eye yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, doesn't look like cherry eye. he either just has droopy eyes, or maybe an infection in the third eye lid.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Totally agree, and I know way too much about bulldog eye issues right now. Maybe the pup has allergies that are irritating the eyes. Could be seasonal or food based. When mine started with the cherry eyes it was more pronounced and white, although it could be a precursor. A vet should be able to tell quickly

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree with the gang… it doesn't look like cherry eye to me. Walter's eyes are red and droopy like this, and my vet just told me that because they are still growing the eye opening is a bit big for them. Lots of debris gets in the eye and causes the redness and irritation. She told me I could use sensitive visine to rinse the eye out if it gets really irritated...

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel's eyes sometimes will be red like that when her allergies are acting up. I thank my lucky stars that cherry eye is one problem she has NOT had!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Yes allergies , my Sebastian's eyes get red when his allergies are bad , I think that's all it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online