Help Needed! Bocephus is at the animal hospital and I am freaking out.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I took Bocephus in for his surgery this morning and I wasn't five miles down the road when they called me and said he was having tremors. I've never noticed anything but in the mornings his teeth will occasionally chatter before he eats. I thought he was just excited but the vet said it could be excess fluid on his brain or epilepsy. I can't afford the MRI today and I feel like a horrible Mom for not knowing he was shaving tremors.

They won't put him on meds until there is an MRI and I am so worried about him. He has insurance but I just need to save up to pay it out first. They said they think it was safe to do his eye surgery so I am wandering around the mall waiting to hear from them.

this poor boy can not catch a break

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh no. I hope his surgery goes well and you hear he is resting soon. Isn't head tremors a benign thing for bullies to have?? I thought alot of them have them. Why would thy jump right to epilepsy?? I'm not really familiar with these though, so maybe other members have a thought??

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Kori, I'm so sorry, NOT a great time to hear of something else to worry
about! Hopefully, it is not epilepsy or other bad news, many bullies have
tremors that cause no problems. No guilt either, it's hard to know every
thing, so many bullies do weird stuff all the time that's normal (for them).
Please keep us updated~praying for y'all right now!

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Praying for you & Bocephus. Since you're wandering around the mall it may be tough to read the thread about tremors. It made me feel a lot better about Roscoe having one the other day. Seems odd they jump right to epilepsy. Good luck today. Please update us on how today's surgery goes.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's awful, I hope the surgery goes well. Stay strong Kori. They'll figure it all out. Poor guy, I wish it would all go away and he could just be happy.

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Maybe it is just head tremors. Dozer had those a month or so ago, and I rushed him to the hospital. She said it was normal for bullies and nothing to worry about. If he is alert when he is having them then there is nothing to worry about. Dozer was walking toward me with his head shaking like crazy. Very scary, but vet said nothing they can do nor does it hurt them. Look up English bulldog head tremors on youtube. Hoping that is all it is. Hang in there and keep us posted on your darling.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
EASY... it is probably just tremos due to the stress of the situation. BREATHE and do not rush into an MRI. Give time to recover form the procedure and monitor him once he is home for any regular occurances.
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] can help you with some insight on epilepsy.

Sneding lots of hugs and prayers to you and Bocephus!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The tremors could just be from not eating and being nervous from being at the vets. Some think the tremors are caused by low sugar levels. Hopefully this is all that is wrong with him.

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
The tremors could just be from not eating and being nervous from being at the vets. Some think the tremors are caused by low sugar levels. Hopefully this is all that is wrong with him.
I just love all of you. I'm back sitting in the mall and read through the tremors article. I feel much better but damn that vet freaked me out. He was talking about water on the brain and seizures and I know they need to give you worse case scenario..... I was extremely worried about Bocephus having his eye surgery but decided to go ahead with the vet's recommendation since his eye bugs him.

Bocephus' allergies are bad right now, he hadn't eaten and was at the vet with strangers, I am believing with every ounce of my being that is what triggered it. I have only ever noticed his teeth chattering on occasional mornings and it was also probably due to low blood sugar.

I called them and he's still in the OR but they said things are ok so far.

Your thoughts and prayers mean the world to me. If I don't get out of this mall soon, I'm going to go broke

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
looks like there's nothing to worry about ... very glad! sending you and Bocephus good thoughts!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgHi Kori, Christine, and David have given you great advice, and I agree that Bocephus's tremors were triggered from a combination of low blood sugar from fasting for surgery, and from the stress of being at the vets office. If it was something serious, I would think the vet would not have gone ahead with the surgery. I hope his surgery goes well, and he's back home soon. Sending love, hugs and prayers that everything goes well. Please keep us posted on how his surgery went.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Sending prayers that it is only low blood sugar and Bocephus will be home and well real soon with you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.