My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Sending Prayers and Love to Mac, You and your Family. So Sorry this is happening to Your Mac. God will be with her, and you will see her one day at Rainbow Bridge never to part again.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm just now reading this…
I'm so very sorry to hear this, my heart just breaks for you and your family :cry:Sending lots of hugs and prayers...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My heart is broken for you. I can feel your pain, as I have been there. GOD Bless you and your beautiful little Mac. We never can understand why things happen as they do. Many many prayers coming your way. I am so sorry.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
I just read this. I am so so sorry to hear about little Mac. My heart breaks for you both. Hope your daughter was able to say goodbye to her and you were there with her. I am crying right now. She was a beautiful girl.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
My 15 month old bulldog is fighting for her life. Blood work did not support any signs of anti freeze. We have taken everything to the vet that we have used such as pesticides but they did not find any ingredient that would cause kidney failure. This all started last Sunday night, with hacking and being able to drink water without vomiting it all up along with some white foam. They thought it was Lymphoma but biopsy ruled that out. They have started her on steroids Wednesday evening as a last resort but I have not seen any improvements. They are giving her fluids through IV. they gave her one more steroid shot this morning and they will be running lab work on her this afternoon and if they don't see any improvement we will have no other choice but to....I can't even say it. I can not believe this is happening. She is far to young for this. I've wrecked my brain trying to figure out if I have missed something. I don't understand why this is happening. I watched her like a mother hawk, knowing how sensitive bullies are. I love my baby girl! Is there something I'm over looking???

I don't mean to disturb you in anyway. I just wanted to see how you and your daughter were doing? This story of them has been on my mind since you said you were going to be saying your last goodbyes. Just want to know if you guys are alright and if you ever need to talk we are all here for you. 💜🐶🌹

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I don't mean to disturb you in anyway. I just wanted to see how you and your daughter were doing? This story of them has been on my mind since you said you were going to be saying your last goodbyes. Just want to know if you guys are alright and if you ever need to talk we are all here for you. 

Me too (echoing Yvette's msg)...prayed for a miracle all weekend.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
My thoughts and prayers are with your family as well. I have felt that loss, and my heart aches for you

B

Baxter Tiberius

I need to echo what the other person said. If there is still time, have them discuss the possibility of obstruction again. *All* the symptoms you listed match Baxters obstruction symptoms. He had both X ray and Ultrasound and *NOTHING* was seen.

But this was because the object was rubbery and invisible to both devices. 2 vets told me it was not obstruction and they were wrong.

Additionally, his kidney markers were sky high, and the doctor told me he had kidney failure impending. It was just an obstruction.

The ER surgeon told me he could not see anything, but wanted to open up Baxter and do exploratory surgery to dig around and find it. And they did find something. It was very big. Within 2 months Baxters kidney numbers returned to normal. Despite the doctor telling me he had kidney disease.

My question - did the pooping stop around the same time? This is another huge telltale sign. If what goes in wont stay in, and nothing is coming out except some bile or liquids draining - it fits the description of obstruction. Even with extremely bad kidney bloodwork.

-B-

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.