Kidney Failure!!!!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I am so sorry to hear this. When they did the blood work, did they check for Leptospires? It's caused two healthy dogs here to go into kidney failure. They catch it from contaminated water/urine from infected animals. In our area, it was rats that caused it. But it could be other dogs, deer, cows, racoons.. etc.

They probably tested for it, but there's nothing else I can think of that may cause this so suddenly.

me neither. been racking my brains and can't think of any. i am now researching the archives of my yahoo group.

@etmaine62 when was her last vaccine shot? was she in any long antibiotic treatment? what other symptoms does she have?

OP
E

etmaine62

May 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mac
Here at our house we use rubber mulch and the red lava rocks. I checked with my mother because she loved going to her house and running in her back yard and she has a lot of landscaping. I know she purchased her mulch at Lowes. She couldn't remember what it was called. So I called them to see if they sell the cocoa mulch but the don't. Not here anyways.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am praying for your baby. I hope she gets better soon.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Many prayers are being said for your baby at this time.:pray::pray::pray:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
molds btw would also cause renal failure. hope she pulls through :(.

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
OMGoshes!!!! I'm so sorry to hear that you and your baby girl are going through this now. I will be praying for you both. Singing..."Jesus loves the little bullies, all the bullies of the world. Red, yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little bullies of the world". Sing that to her. Hang in there.:pray:

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
I am praying for her and your family. Hang in there I can not imagine what you're going through right now

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Can't stop thinking of y'all...am praying so hard they find answers asap.
Sending you faith, strength, hope & comfort to your worried heart.
:pray:

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
I am praying for her and your family. Sending lots of good vibes to you all.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Unfortunately I have nothing to add, except my prayers. Hope all turns out for the best.

OP
E

etmaine62

May 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mac
UPDATE! Re: Kidney Failure!!!!

My little Mac (who was named after Fleetwood Mac, my daughter is a big fan) is going down hill. Forgive me, for I'm not really sure how else to update my thread. I just got off the phone with the Doctor and she said the kidneys are continuing to fail. We will have to say good-bye to her tomorrow. This is actually my daughters dog. She moved to California a couple of weeks ago and left her with me so that I could take care of her while she gets her self established. My daughter can not get here until 9 am tomorrow. They will have a few hours together before we will have to let her go. I can not believe this has happened to our baby girl. She has brought more joy to our family in her short time she's been with us. Please pray for us. We need strength to get us through this difficult time.
Also, I appreciate all the information everyone has been sending my way and I have tried to respond to all of them. How I wish I had known about you guys a few moths ago.

Thanks again,
Elena

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Re: UPDATE! Re: Kidney Failure!!!!

I'm very sorry to hear this update. My prayers are with you and your family. God bless.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Re: UPDATE! Re: Kidney Failure!!!!

My little Mac (who was named after Fleetwood Mac, my daughter is a big fan) is going down hill. Forgive me, for I'm not really sure how else to update my thread. I just got off the phone with the Doctor and she said the kidneys are continuing to fail. We will have to say good-bye to her tomorrow. This is actually my daughters dog. She moved to California a couple of weeks ago and left her with me so that I could take care of her while she gets her self established. My daughter can not get here until 9 am tomorrow. They will have a few hours together before we will have to let her go. I can not believe this has happened to our baby girl. She has brought more joy to our family in her short time she's been with us. Please pray for us. We need strength to get us through this difficult time.
Also, I appreciate all the information everyone has been sending my way and I have tried to respond to all of them. How I wish I had known about you guys a few moths ago.

Thanks again,
Elena

:cry: --- I am so so sorry... wish we could be of more help to you. Please hug your sweet girl and tell her how much you love her! Sending many many prayers to you and sweet baby girl. Praying real hard for a miracle...

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
UPDATE!
Also, I appreciate all the information everyone has been sending my way and I have tried to respond to all of them. How I wish I had known about you guys a few moths ago. Thanks again, Elena

I'm truly in tears now...I'm so, so sorry! Life is very unfair & cruel
at times. This is one of them, can't imagine how much all of you are
suffering :(

All of us here love these bullies (and our other pets) as much as any
person (sometimes more). Losing them is agony and takes a very
long time to recover but never forget them. Please know you are
welcome to stay and write about your loss and your feelings, share
pics & stories about Mac. Our memorials here are so beautiful and
touch all of us. I pray your daughter has safe travel here and just
sad she has to deal with this tragedy while starting a new job & move.
My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family, am hoping for a
miracle here.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
@etmaine62 So sorry for this, but please take her to a good bully vet and have them x-ray her for an obstruction. Classic signs of it. We had a friend of ours who had a bully vomiting and occasional diarrhea, and their vet did some test and told them she was in renal failure, gave them some meds and told them to watch her the weekend and bring her back the following Monday for more test. I told them that was B.S. and that they needed to take her to our vet. She had head tremors that afternoon which was a Friday. I went and picked her up, and took her to our vet. I told him what she was doing and he said it's an obstruction. He did an x-ray and could barely see a shadow, but he said there it is. He did emergency surgery on her that day and found the object that was causing her the problem. He said if he had not done the surgery, she would not have lasted the weekend. So please get a second opinion and ask them about an obstruction, it may save her life.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.