Help! Interdigital cyst and no vets we trust!!

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Hi all!

Sorry it has been so long since I posted... we did make the move to northern New England and are LOVING it, and Gus loves it too! We have our hands full running our new business but it is so fun.

The only problem is, I can't find a bulldog-experience vet anywhere near here! Does anyone know of any top notch experienced vets near the Lakes region of New Hampshire?? It's only an hour to Portland, Maine.. maybe someone there? It's two hours to Boston, I was hoping to find someone closer than that if I can, though.

We took the new kitty to a local vet and I asked if they had any bulldogs in their practice and she said Yes, but I believe she was lying to me. As a matter of fact, I looked through every photo album in the lobby while I was waiting and I didn't see one English Bulldog.

I think Gus has an interdigital cyst, and I refuse to have him seen by anyone who doesn't know their stuff. Anyone have ANY recommendations???

THANKS!!!

P.S. Here is a pic of Gus and my daughter "settling in" for some Netflix time. :-)

Attachments

• Gus and sylva.jpg
    Gus and sylva.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 290

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus looks great! I would hop on Amazon right now and get a bottle of Vetricyn, small bottle, it'll kill the cyst. In the mean time get some epsom salts and put in the tub and let him walk around on them for about 10 minutes twice a day. Good to see you and little Gus Gus! Cute pic!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Phil has you covered.... epsom salts paw soaks... dry the paw real good when you remove from the water. Also, these are cuased by allergies, so think of giving Benedryl 1mg per pound up to 3x a day. And maybe changing foods??

Did you check our vet recommendations lists? Other members recommend their vets, see if any are in your area...

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/c...ews-Recommended-English-Bulldog-Veterinarians

OP
GusBus

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Thanks guys! Gus was doing great on Fromm Pork and Peas but we had a hard time finding it in this area and everything was so crazy, I just got a bag of Fromm Whitefish and Potato instead... which he has NOT been doing well on. His tear stains are back and now the cyst. I am going to sign up for regular shipping with Petflow instead. I am ordering the stuff you recommended on Amazon as we speak! Thanks again!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks guys! Gus was doing great on Fromm Pork and Peas but we had a hard time finding it in this area and everything was so crazy, I just got a bag of Fromm Whitefish and Potato instead... which he has NOT been doing well on. His tear stains are back and now the cyst. I am going to sign up for regular shipping with Petflow instead. I am ordering the stuff you recommended on Amazon as we speak! Thanks again!

That will do it.... if you want, you can go to a bland diet till you get the Pork and Peas in for him.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Amber, Phil and Christine have you covered on how to treat the cyst. I agree that this is food related. You can also soak his paw in apple cider vinegar and warm water. I hope the cyst clears up soon, and he feels better. Sorry I'm not familiar with any in the USA, as I live in Canada, but hopefully someone will come along soon with some suggestions.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Definitely food related. I am going through this as well with an ear infection thrown in!! I am also soaking in epsom salt and I am putting a little triple antibiotic ointment on at night because it looks a little angry. Good luck, cysts are such a pain.

atrelegan

Dec 8, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I live right outside of portland maine and have a wonderful vet in cumberland for our bulldog. He has done our EBs palate surgery and takes care of other bulldogs. His name is Dr Perkins at Wedtside Animal Hospital.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant Westside Animal Hospital.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.