Bathing??

Crystal Busse

May 7, 2014
Is there anything I can use in between bathing to prevent my girl from smelling??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If she has an odor between bath.... it could be a food allergy causing this. What do you currently feed?

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
If the odor is simply a dog odor, and not some other funky odor (like an allergy/yeast/infection), I use a dryer sheet. I take one of my dryer sheets and wipe Koozer down with it...he smells like lavender and a bonus in the drier months is that he has less static!

OP
Crystal Busse

Crystal Busse

May 7, 2014
I feed athena science diet pupppy food. The breeder fed her the same thing so I have just kept her on it. She doesnt smell like a funky smell just like she needs a bath smell. But I dont want to bathe her to much and strip her of her oils she needs

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I feed athena science diet pupppy food. The breeder fed her the same thing so I have just kept her on it. She doesnt smell like a funky smell just like she needs a bath smell. But I dont want to bathe her to much and strip her of her oils she needs

Please transition her to a better food (slowly) asap, I'd rec'cmd grain free
& chicken free, under Forums go to Nutrition section & read up on reasons
why.

Dawn original dish washing liquid is gentle (why they use it on oil soaked
birds) rinse well being careful to wash & rinse from neck down, wash head,
face & ears w/warm wash cloth. After rinsing, mix half water & cheap white
vinegar in plastic pitcher or jug and slowly pour from neck down, do not rinse
out, blot dry. This will keep fresh smelling and make for soft fur.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

not a good food at all, you should read our food ratings list or even on dog food advisor as to why you want to do so.... it will make her smell, flaky coat, dull coat, stinky breath, etc etc.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?219-Dog-Food-Ratings&=

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
I agree, should be on a better food. In between baths I use a mix of Water, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender, Lemon Myrtle in a spray bottle. Smells awesome and is a natural flea repellent.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I love the new dry shampoo from Pet Head as well. You can buy it on Amazon or even WalMart

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Try Etiderm shampoo - it's gentle and can be used often if needed. You leave it on 10 mins and she should smell good for at least 1 week or 2. Be careful with oatmeal shampoos in case of allergy/yeast issues or cheap things that could have irritants in them and make the skin smell worse - I prefer medicated ones and Etiderm has a nice scent. Some people like Zymox too and that one smells nice.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.