Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
20140529_211812.jpg
First I thought Brutus might have stepped on an ember from the fire pit about two weeks ago. It was healing, but tonight it
Looks angry and maybe bleeding in a little spot? Maybe a cyst from the food change I tried to do? He has an ear infection again from the food change so a cyst could be possible. He is so sensitive to any food except his prescription food. I can never try another food again. What do you guys think?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It looks like a cyst, and maybe he's been licking at it and made it more irritated. The symptoms are most likely allergy related since you mentioned he also has an ear Infection, and he just had a food change. I wouldn't change his food anymore either, he does well on the prescription food, he tolerates it, and is symptom free when eating it. This is the food that Brutus does well on, so I would just continue to feed him the prescription food. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I would switch him back, and just continue to clean his paw, you can use Hydrogen Peroxide, and put Polysporin on it at night, so there's less chance of him licking it off since he'll be sleeping. You can also soak it in either salt water, or Epsom salts and warm water, or even apple cider vinegar and warm water. I hope it heals soon, and he feels better.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That looks pretty angry. Maybe try some Neosporin on it and put a sock on, so he won't lick it off and see how it looks in the morning.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It looks like a cyst, and maybe he's been licking at it and made it more irritated. The symptoms are most likely allergy related since you mentioned he also has an ear Infection, and he just had a food change. I wouldn't change his food anymore either, he does well on the prescription food, he tolerates it, and is symptom free when eating it. This is the food that Brutus does well on, so I would just continue to feed him the prescription food. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I would switch him back, and just continue to clean his paw, you can use Hydrogen Peroxide, and put Polysporin on it at night, so there's less chance of him licking it off since he'll be sleeping. You can also soak it in either salt water, or Epsom salts and warm water, or even apple cider vinegar and warm water. I hope it heals soon, and he feels better.
Thanks. I did put him back on the RX food. It is definetly food allergy related. I feel so bad, I just should have left him alone. I won't ever switch his food again.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Don't ever feel bad for doing what is best for your baby, you want what's best for him, and you do it out of love. If the prescription food is what he does best on and what he tolerates, then that is the best choice for him.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok i googled.triple antibiotic ointment and it said it is safe for dogs and good for things like this so I put it on. So far so good. He isn't licking it yet. I cant put socks on him because he has a sock fetish. Lol. I will goop him up good when he falls alsleep.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Poor baby. I think if you can keep him from licking it, it will heal. Has antihistamine helped at all?

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Ouch it looks bad and like it does irritat. Best wishes going your way for recovery.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks. It doesnt have any puss so i dont think it is infected. I gooped it up good while he was sleeping so I will see what happens. He is on an allergy pill daily and i gave him benedryl tonight.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh poor baby… that looks very uncomfortable. I swear Rosalie, it NEVER ENDS!!! LOL I hope Brutus feels better… keep us posted!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
that is totally allergy related.... even though it is not a cyst, give it a good epsom salt soak, it will help clear it up. Is her allergic to grass or other outside greenery?

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
that is totally allergy related.... even though it is not a cyst, give it a good epsom salt soak, it will help clear it up. Is her allergic to grass or other outside greenery?
No I don't think so. I think it is all food related.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I think a baby sock and an Elizabeth collar might be a good idea. Esp. on walks. I would be afraid that it would get infected. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online