Crystal Busse

May 7, 2014
gusyhy8y.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

OP
Crystal Busse

Crystal Busse

May 7, 2014
Its too late yonight do u have an idea of what it could be?? I gave her a benadryl and clraned it with peroxide and put neosporin on it for the evening.

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
It looks like a histiocytima cyst to me..I would definitely go to the vet to have it checked but when Romeo had one on his hip last year we had it checked but no treatment they just go away on their own.they are not serious

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Crystal, Ouch that looks sore, I'm so sorry you're going through this. it looks like it could be a cut, did she maybe crawl under something and cut herself?, could she have come into contact with something that could have cut her, and you didn't see it? I don't know what else that could be, where is it located on her body? Could she have been itchy in that area and chewed at it? I would clean it for now, and take her to the vet first thing tomorrow to have it checked out. I hope it's nothing serious, please keep us posted.

OP
Crystal Busse

Crystal Busse

May 7, 2014
Well I talked to my breeder, and it went from and white to red and twice the size in just a few hours I have her in a kennel because she is in heat to keep her away from our male. While inber kennel I finnaly cought her scratching and that pic was the result. I gave her a benadryl and cleaned it with peroxide and put antibotic cream on it for the night. She passed out and at least she is not messing with it. At first I thought hot spot but it got bigger so I dunno if thats normal.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
She really needs to go to the Vet. I Pray this will heal very fast. I send Love to her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well I talked to my breeder, and it went from and white to red and twice the size in just a few hours I have her in a kennel because she is in heat to keep her away from our male. While inber kennel I finnaly cought her scratching and that pic was the result. I gave her a benadryl and cleaned it with peroxide and put antibotic cream on it for the night. She passed out and at least she is not messing with it. At first I thought hot spot but it got bigger so I dunno if thats normal.

Let us know how it goes today and if youare able to see the vet....

OP
Crystal Busse

Crystal Busse

May 7, 2014
Ok well after crying and freaking out and self medicating athena her sore looked a lil better today. More crusty so its starting scab and not as red either. I took her to my vet and the sooner they could see her unless I dropped her off is friday evening. So I took her to another vet and they wouldbt work with me on payment plans and my husband juat had open heart surgery so money is limited... last option I had was call my friend who is a vet tech for banifeild and she said she could get her in early in the am to do a skin scrape for me. She said it sounds like an irrated hot spot she has made worse by scratching but to double check do the test in the am and either tell me over the counter meds or perscribe antibiotics for our baby. Thank god!! Athena seems to be feeling better she hasnt really tried to scratch it today but I gave her benadryl and put antibiotic cream on it. She has been really playful and hasnt seem like she was in any discomfort today so I guess thats good.

OP
Crystal Busse

Crystal Busse

May 7, 2014
My husband is an American Bully breeder so the feed store is a weekly to bi weekly stop for us. While we were at the fees store I was telling the women who worked there about my bulldog and she recommened vetericyn. Not for her paticular case but for future hot spots...... has anyone used this product or heard of it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok well after crying and freaking out and self medicating athena her sore looked a lil better today. More crusty so its starting scab and not as red either. I took her to my vet and the sooner they could see her unless I dropped her off is friday evening. So I took her to another vet and they wouldbt work with me on payment plans and my husband juat had open heart surgery so money is limited... last option I had was call my friend who is a vet tech for banifeild and she said she could get her in early in the am to do a skin scrape for me. She said it sounds like an irrated hot spot she has made worse by scratching but to double check do the test in the am and either tell me over the counter meds or perscribe antibiotics for our baby. Thank god!! Athena seems to be feeling better she hasnt really tried to scratch it today but I gave her benadryl and put antibiotic cream on it. She has been really playful and hasnt seem like she was in any discomfort today so I guess thats good.

My husband is an American Bully breeder so the feed store is a weekly to bi weekly stop for us. While we were at the fees store I was telling the women who worked there about my bulldog and she recommened vetericyn. Not for her paticular case but for future hot spots...... has anyone used this product or heard of it.

Vetericyn is great stuff... it wil heal it up for sure. So, it was a hotspot?

OP
Crystal Busse

Crystal Busse

May 7, 2014
Yes it was a hot spot. She was given antibiotics and is doing great!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.