Save This Life Microchip System...

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Around here they are taking the purebreds and of course the pit bullsā€¦ they have been fighting dogs in this area out in the country. We go canoeing here in Adams, and a couple of summers ago (this is awful) they were finding dead dogs in the water. They had been dog fighting, and so they just dumped the dogs in the water that didn't survive :(

I understand your concern about the boysā€¦ when Roxie was alive she would bark at anything that came near our house. Wally is NOT like that, so we have a fenced small yard but if I can't go outside w/him I leave the door open so I can hear if anybody comes near my house. My fences are now pretty hard to open up now that I have to bungee cord them because Wally opened the fence w/his varsity ballā€¦ Lol Are you putting a fence around your property?!!

Dead dog in the water... sigh.. ever day I lose a little more faith in humanity.

The house is in a very interesting area. There's no traffic on the small road in front of our property as there's no reason for anyone other than the homeowners to use it. The road does a loop around the homes. So when you hear a car, you pay attention as there's only like 15 homes on that road. Most of which have absentee owners like us. That's why Chris isn't worried.

Originally, we were going to fence the backyard. But since no one there has fencing, and they're trying to maintain a rustic lake feel, the HOA wasn't thrilled about the idea. But they're "allowing" us to put a fence in the backyard since it can't be seen from the road. To be honest, they really have no choice but they can think what they want.

Now Chris says it's pointless because like I said, there's no one there but the homeowners. Still, the road that does the loop is public and anyone can take it if they want to be nosy. Also, there's a ton of Deer that run through the properties a couple of times a day. I don't want them on ours so I want to put up a big enough fence in the back to keep them out, that's another issue- he's really objecting to an 8 foot fence.. but we'll see.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Dead dog in the water... sigh.. ever day I lose a little more faith in humanity.

The house is in a very interesting area. There's no traffic on the small road in front of our property as there's no reason for anyone other than the homeowners to use it. The road does a loop around the homes. So when you hear a car, you pay attention as there's only like 15 homes on that road. Most of which have absentee owners like us. That's why Chris isn't worried.

Originally, we were going to fence the backyard. But since no one there has fencing, and they're trying to maintain a rustic lake feel, the HOA wasn't thrilled about the idea. But they're "allowing" us to put a fence in the backyard since it can't be seen from the road. To be honest, they really have no choice but they can think what they want.

Now Chris says it's pointless because like I said, there's no one there but the homeowners. Still, the road that does the loop is public and anyone can take it if they want to be nosy. Also, there's a ton of Deer that run through the properties a couple of times a day. I don't want them on ours so I want to put up a big enough fence in the back to keep them out, that's another issue- he's really objecting to an 8 foot fence.. but we'll see.

We get animals in our area tooā€¦ deer, skunks, rabbits and possums!!! And honestly the fence only stopped the deersā€¦ Lol It sounds as if you are really secluded out there, maybe you could just fence an area of your yard.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
We get animals in our area tooā€¦ deer, skunks, rabbits and possums!!! And honestly the fence only stopped the deersā€¦ Lol It sounds as if you are really secluded out there, maybe you could just fence an area of your yard.

It is secluded. But once you're on the main road, it's like any small town USA.
LOL.. I didn't think about the other critters. We have them here too. The fence I want (and will put up) should keep them all out of the backyard. Chris can argue all he wants, it's going up.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It is secluded. But once you're on the main road, it's like any small town USA.
LOL.. I didn't think about the other critters. We have them here too. The fence I want (and will put up) should keep them all out of the backyard. Chris can argue all he wants, it's going up.

Did you see my thread that I posted about the skunk I saw walk RIGHT thru our fence into our backyard?!! I almost had a strokeā€¦ LOL :ohmy:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Did you see my thread that I posted about the skunk I saw walk RIGHT thru our fence into our backyard?!! I almost had a strokeā€¦ LOL :ohmy:

hmm.. don't think so? Link the thread.

I'm on my way out now, but will read it once we get back.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Paranoid? I made the decision to microchip in case someone breaks in our house and steals them. We have a 8 foot fence that covers the back and pool area. East Tennessee if the get their meth flowing and see no cars at home they will kick in the door and take them.
Im only glad inserting the chips didn't bother them. If it had I would be kicking myself. Even more than I am now. I should of advanced search more before. I'm still in shock. A scanner in the vets office requiring only a battery or two and they tell me they don't check a new pet. Take what 15 seconds max to check the whole body. Amazing.....

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=12277]RalphieBoy[/MENTION] I'll bet there are lots of vets (in Tn. anyway:blush:) well the area I live......that don't even have scanners. The scanner that would scan all microchips is around $300. There are scanners,too for just a particular brand. I had to microchip all the donkeys-but I don't have a scanner.Was thinking of getting one-but not buying any(donks), like I used to

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I have made several political donations over the years I will need to cash in some chips for new legislature for Ralphie Boys law. Require all Vets and shelters own and scan every pet that comes in the door. The only problem is normally you have to have a tear jerking story that goes with it. I might need some help with that one...

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I looked at the website and you can register any brand of chip for $19.99 lifetime. A bargain. We brought Chumly back from the UK with us where he was microchipped and it would not show where he was registered on any scanner here. I did register him with the AKC registry but it would have been a crap shoot at best if he had ever got lost and lost his tag. How would the vet know to check that registry? I think a central registry for all microchips for vets, shelters etc. would be a great idea.

I have seen on the news never to leave a purebred in a yard alone, no matter where you live. Too easy to steal. Having said that, I see lots of reports of all types of dog being stolen from yards, purebred or not, they use them as bait dogs. There is a very special place in hell reserved for dog fighters and the sooner they get there, the better IMO.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online