ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

This is an informational video of the microchip system I just had Walter get today. This explains how easy this is to useā€¦ and it only cost me $49, that is a ONE-TIME Lifetime feeā€¦ NO annual fees.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
I love this idea way better than just a scan at a vet or shelter. Hope there are honest people out there that will report they found my baby. But this cuts out the middle man and if by chance collar get lost still can be scanned. Love it thank you.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I love this idea way better than just a scan at a vet or shelter. Hope there are honest people out there that will report they found my baby. But this cuts out the middle man and if by chance collar get listed still can be scanned. Love it thank you.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

I LOVE the idea that it can be done from a computerā€¦ most people have access to a computer or a smartphone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Next time I need one... this is the way to go! thanks Tracey!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Next time I need one... this is the way to go! thanks Tracey!

Oh I agreeā€¦ I'm so pissed!!! Roxie has HomeAgain and I just paid $17.99 for their "Annual Fee". What a rip off!!! :hissycry:

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Chance was micro chipped at 8 weeks a little more stress taken off my shoulders and another way to prove that it is your dog.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Oh I agreeā€¦ I'm so pissed!!! Roxie has HomeAgain and I just paid $17.99 for their "Annual Fee". What a rip off!!! :hissycry:

Well, Well Well. EBN did it again. Going to the Advanced Search I found my information. I took the boys today to get microchip. Emmitt went first. Rogan and I waited in the lobby. The receptionist told me what a great idea it is with Bulldogs. The phone rang and she talked some more. Then when she finished I said do you chip check all new dogs? She said No. Out came Emmitt and we're ready for Rogan. I was like WTF. If the vet does not check are we suppose to hope they end up in a shelter or wondering around and a stranger has a chip checker?
The boys both have HomeAgain. I'm going to go with the $49 route for each. Now I feel like an idiot for taking them to begin with.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Well, Well Well. EBN did it again. Going to the Advanced Search I found my information. I took the boys today to get microchip. Emmitt went first. Rogan and I waited in the lobby. The receptionist told me what a great idea it is with Bulldogs. The phone rang and she talked some more. Then when she finished I said do you chip check all new dogs? She said No. Out came Emmitt and we're ready for Rogan. I was like WTF. If the vet does not check are we suppose to hope they end up in a shelter or wondering around and a stranger has a chip checker?
The boys both have HomeAgain. I'm going to go with the $49 route for each. Now I feel like an idiot for taking them to begin with.

I had mine chipped a few months ago and we also did HomeAgain. I think they're the most widely used?
Anyway, @RalphieBoy shelters are supposed to check for chips, but I don't think any vet offices do unless someone brings in dog/cat that was found.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I agree w/youā€¦ the system ONLY works if the vets offices actually use it. That's why I love the Save This Life chip because you don't have to take them to the vets, just google that number on ANY computer and all the information you need will come up.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I'm very confused by all these microchips. Is there a universal scanner that works for all of them?

I thought the point of microchipping is if someone finds your pet and brings them to a vet or shelter, then they'll scan.
Are you guys saying vet offices don't scan lost animals that are brought in?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene I'm very confused by all these microchips. Is there a universal scanner that works for all of them?

I thought the point of microchipping is if someone finds your pet and brings them to a vet or shelter, then they'll scan.
Are you guys saying vet offices don't scan lost animals that are brought in?

From what I know the scanners work on ALL microchips, the chip Wally has also has a tag w/a number on itā€¦ that is where anyone can just google that number and our info comes up. I have a good friend that works in our local animal control, from what she has said they always scan a dog that comes into animal control (owner drop-off or stray). I honestly do NOT believe that vet clinics routinely scan dogsā€¦ IMO they should if it's a new client. You would THINK that they would just do this and question the results if somebody's of a different name would come up. Boggles my mind, I mean really what is the point?!!

OH and here's another thing that I heardā€¦ a van was found w/stray dogs that were actually stolen from homes. Inside of the van they found equipment that they use to REMOVE microchips from dogs :ohmy: This wasn't in TN I don't believe, but we have had a rash of dog-nappings in our area in the warmer months. Scary...

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
From what I know the scanners work on ALL microchips, the chip Wally has also has a tag w/a number on itā€¦ that is where anyone can just google that number and our info comes up. I have a good friend that works in our local animal control, from what she has said they always scan a dog that comes into animal control (owner drop-off or stray). I honestly do NOT believe that vet clinics routinely scan dogsā€¦ IMO they should if it's a new client. You would THINK that they would just do this and question the results if somebody's of a different name would come up. Boggles my mind, I mean really what is the point?!!

OH and here's another thing that I heardā€¦ a van was found w/stray dogs that were actually stolen from homes. Inside of the van they found equipment that they use to REMOVE microchips from dogs :ohmy: This wasn't in TN I don't believe, but we have had a rash of dog-nappings in our area in the warmer months. Scary...

Ok, I see what you mean now.

I was talking with my vet, asking her how the microchips are removed, she said surgically and they'd need to be under anesthesia. Poor dogs, can't imagine how much it must of hurt them.. oh god..

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok, I see what you mean now.

I was talking with my vet, asking her how the microchips are removed, she said surgically and they'd need to be under anesthesia. Poor dogs, can't imagine how much it must of hurt them.. oh god..

That's what I heardā€¦ now Roxie's chip I could feel, but Wally's must be deeper. I swear these dog-nappers go to tremendous lengths to sell these stolen babies, it's heartbreaking :(

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
That's what I heardā€¦ now Roxie's chip I could feel, but Wally's must be deeper. I swear these dog-nappers go to tremendous lengths to sell these stolen babies, it's heartbreaking :(

I can't feel Blues or Wellies. I didn't wanna do it at all because of Blues allergies. Just wasn't sure if he'd have a reaction to it or not but they're both fine.

Do these low lives steal pure bred dogs? Or it doesn't make a difference?

I'm all sorts of nervous now with the house. I told Chris never to leave them out in yard by themselves. If we can't see them, they can't be out. He's telling me I'm being paranoid.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I can't feel Blues or Wellies. I didn't wanna do it at all because of Blues allergies. Just wasn't sure if he'd have a reaction to it or not but they're both fine.

Do these low lives steal pure bred dogs? Or it doesn't make a difference?

I'm all sorts of nervous now with the house. I told Chris never to leave them out in yard by themselves. If we can't see them, they can't be out. He's telling me I'm being paranoid.

Around here they are taking the purebreds and of course the pit bullsā€¦ they have been fighting dogs in this area out in the country. We go canoeing here in Adams, and a couple of summers ago (this is awful) they were finding dead dogs in the water. They had been dog fighting, and so they just dumped the dogs in the water that didn't survive :(

I understand your concern about the boysā€¦ when Roxie was alive she would bark at anything that came near our house. Wally is NOT like that, so we have a fenced small yard but if I can't go outside w/him I leave the door open so I can hear if anybody comes near my house. My fences are now pretty hard to open up now that I have to bungee cord them because Wally opened the fence w/his varsity ballā€¦ Lol Are you putting a fence around your property?!!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.