Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Update on Walter...

Awesome news about Walter, so happy he is doing better and the the infection is under control. Since you are using Sentinel, you don't need anything for flea control unless you have a bad flea problem in your yard, because Sentinel will work on fleas too. We don't use any flea control for our bullies and they have never had a flea problem. Be careful with the Frontline, because I have had several friends use it on their bullies and they broke out bad from it. I would definitely not use a flea collar either. Give Walter a big hug from us.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I didn't know they still even made flea collars these days! I remember I had a sweet dog named Spunky back in 1977 and he had a flea collar on him, but these days??

I'm glad to hear Wally got a clean bill of health!!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I didn't know they made them either, I think I saw an ad for cat flea collars but not dog. We used them on our pugs back in the 70's and they ate the fur off around their necks , that stopped real fast. I think they were made by Hartz.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Awesome news about Walter, so happy he is doing better and the the infection is under control. Since you are using Sentinel, you don't need anything for flea control unless you have a bad flea problem in your yard, because Sentinel will work on fleas too. We don't use any flea control for our bullies and they have never had a flea problem. Be careful with the Frontline, because I have had several friends use it on their bullies and they broke out bad from it. I would definitely not use a flea collar either. Give Walter a big hug from us.
    I was thinking that too David about the Setinel… Fleas are REALLY bad here, but I've never had an issue w/my dogs. I've used Frontline on him once w/no problems… I may just hold off and see what happens.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi Tracey, I'm so glad Walters vet visit went well, and he's up to date on everything, I'm glad to hear his limp is better too, so glad to hear he's improving. It's great that you had him microchipped, and it sounds like a great system, especially that there's no annual fee, and it sounds like its really easy to use. I'm not familiar with the flea collar, we use Revolution for heart worm, fleas, and ticks. It's a drop on the base of the neck once a month from June to Nov. Weve used this since they were puppies, and have never had any illness or side effects.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    I didn't know they made them either, I think I saw an ad for cat flea collars but not dog. We used them on our pugs back in the 70's and they ate the fur off around their necks , that stopped real fast. I think they were made by Hartz.
    I'm not using it… I remember those OLD flea collars, and the dogs would lose the fur around their necks. And then we are petting them, and putting that stuff on us?!! Forget it...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear Wally's doing well! I use Vectra 3D for fleas...

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

So Glad that Wally is doing so much better. he is so Precious, Beautiful Bully.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear Walter's vet visit was a succes! Luckily we don't have feas or ticks here, so no need for prevention. I used Bayvantic when we lived in an area were there was fleas. I've seen some horrid pics of bad reaction to flea collars....

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    Glad to hear Walter's vet visit was a succes! Luckily we don't have feas or ticks here, so no need for prevention. I used Bayvantic when we lived in an area were there was fleas. I've seen some horrid pics of bad reaction to flea collars....
    Thanks!!! I know years ago flea collars were horrible for pets w/sensitive skin… I googled this one, and I saw the negative reviews. I'm NOT using this on my dogs!!!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Happy to hear all is in order with Walter I would stay away from the flea collar as well... didn't have a good experience with the tick collar the vet told us to use on our bulldogs when Bennie got an allergic reaction from a tick bite it was supposed to be save even for small children when they pet the dogs but both Bennie and Joey started leaking pee My idea is that bulldogs has such thick neck that it gets to much of what ever is in the collar... but ja... I don't know... I just know I'll never use any sort of collar again. And the stress of them getting it off and eating it almost pushed me over the edge too, lol. I took the collar of every time I couldn't check them, what a mission
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Personally I think that Seresto collar would be dangerous-especially for a Bullie. It is supposed to kill fleas and ticks for 8 months. It costs about $66.00. AND possibly dog's lives. I have had dogs who have had a reaction to the plain flea collars. I would def. be afraid to use it! If you have allergies-I'd bet it would also affect you!
    I am so happy that Wally is okay-you are so lucky(and observant) to have caught the (strangles) early because that really can turn into a mess!
    Happy that he is good.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads