Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This makes me so angry, after all the illnesses and deaths, and the Government pulling these products off the shelves and banning them, Nestlé has now been permitted to sell them again, and the recall has been lifted, then you read something like this, and the deaths are still happening. Why are these products still being allowed to be sold when the Government knows that it's causing illness, kidney failure, and deaths in pets? This shouldn't be allowed to happen, if this was happening in human food, this absolutely wouldn't be allowed, and there would be lawsuits.

Toxic Jerky Treats Now Linked to More than 1,000 Dog Deaths
by VETDEPOT on MAY 21, 2014

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently released another warning about the danger of jerky treats produced in China. The number of dog deaths related to toxic treats surpassed 1,000 as of May 1, 2014.

According to the FDA, more than 4,800 reports of illnesses related to jerky treat consumption have occurred since 2007, and it appears the issue is an ongoing problem. Authorities have not yet been able to pinpoint what exactly is causing the kidney related disease, but the majority of cases do seem to be linked to jerky treats imported from China.

If your pet experiences a decrease in appetite, increased thirst, vomiting, or diarrhea after consuming a jerky treat, consult with a veterinarian immediately. Jerky treat related illnesses can be reported to the FDA by calling 1-888-INFO-FDA.

Share and Enjoy:
- See more at: http://blog.vetdepot.com/toxic-jerk...ore-than-1000-dog-deaths#sthash.jp5vaDIJ.dpuf

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Please jut stop buying anything like this. It is junk for your doggie anyway. Brutus and Frankie love the Wellness treats I buy them. They are yogurt and fruit only. I think it has apples and bananas in it. I don't remember but they go nuts for them. I break them in half so the last a little longer, but give your babies natural stuff, it's sooo much better for them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.