Help Needed! Redness in tail pocket

KT221

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Muffin (nickname: "pig", "my baked good")
Hi all,

Miss Muffin's tail pocket is itching her a lot. She's rubbing her butt against the sofa. I clean it with chlorhexidine and keep it dry with corn starch, but she's developed a red spot in her pocket, which i think is where the itch originates from. I'm looking for advice on how to care for the red spot. I know it's important to keep the tail pocket dry, so it's particularly perplexing how to treat this spot. Thanks for all your suggestions!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi all,

Miss Muffin's tail pocket is itching her a lot. She's rubbing her butt against the sofa. I clean it with chlorhexidine and keep it dry with corn starch, but she's developed a red spot in her pocket, which i think is where the itch originates from. I'm looking for advice on how to care for the red spot. I know it's important to keep the tail pocket dry, so it's particularly perplexing how to treat this spot. Thanks for all your suggestions!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Try using gold bond instead of cornstarch, I've heard cornstarch can contribute to yeast since it's a food.

Otherwise some great products to completely rid of the stuff is malecetic otic ultra (not script) or panalog (rx only)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Annabella

May 16, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella
After cleaning and drying Annabella's tail pocket I rub a little cortisone cream on it and within 2 days it is gone, the chlorhezphine pads are too strong ....and so is regular Gold Bond powder

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I also use witch hazel on a cotton pad... natrual dry agent helps keep the area clean and dry

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.