Bully with Gurgling Stomach & Wont Eat or Drink

LeaKMiller

Apr 21, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
My sweet Bully recently has been having a stomach issue. All she does is eat and sleep and WE ALL KNOW bullies LOVE eating. Her stomach is gurgling A lot Along with passing gas more than normal.

She has eaten Science Diet her whole life and we don't feed her anything other than dog food. Any ideas??
esejybev.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I am not sure but if she isn't eating or drinking, I would call your vet or an emergency vet to get their opinion. 😞

A few weeks ago Riggins was so full of gas. They were concerned with bloat or an obstruction so I had to take him to the ER around midnight. His stomach and intestines were full of gas so they kept him over night. He was put on meds and I had to give him gas-x to clear him out. I would at least call.

I hope she feels better soon and please keep us updated!

OP
LeaKMiller

LeaKMiller

Apr 21, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
I am not sure but if she isn't eating or drinking, I would call your vet or an emergency vet to get their opinion. 😞

A few weeks ago Riggins was so full of gas. They were concerned with bloat or an obstruction so I had to take him to the ER around midnight. His stomach and intestines were full of gas so they kept him over night. He was put on meds and I had to give him gas-x to clear him out. I would at least call.

I hope she feels better soon and please keep us updated!

Oh no! How long before you went to the ER??

Thanks!!

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Very sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you find out what's wrong. Man your dog looks great she is so in shape. I'm thinking of switching to science diet. She looks great lean and everything. How did you do it?

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

OP
LeaKMiller

LeaKMiller

Apr 21, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Very sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you find out what's wrong. Man your dog looks great she is so in shape. I'm thinking of switching to science diet. She looks great lean and everything. How did you do it?

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Thanks!! She's a beautiful girl!

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I took him that same night. He did not have bloat but the way I described him over the phone, they were worried it could be. He was like that for about 4 or 5 hours I guess before I called. I brought him in immediately after I hung up. He was not himself...would lay down and 5 secs later get up again...he kept doing that over and over. His tummy looked very bloated. He was passing gas and his tummy was gurgling. He seemed very uncomfortable.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:sorry:Hi, I'm sorry you're going through this with Stella. Could she have eaten something she shouldn't have that you may not be aware of? It could be an obstruction due to an object she may have eaten, or could she be constipated, and be obstructed with poop? You can try some pure pumpkin purée to see if it helps her to go to the bathroom, pumpkin is good for both constipation and diarrhea. I would take her to the vet if it continues and have her checked out. I hope Stella is okay, and feels better soon. Please keep us posted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 141

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
My sweet Bully recently has been having a stomach issue. All she does is eat and sleep and WE ALL KNOW bullies LOVE eating. Her stomach is gurgling A lot Along with passing gas more than normal.

She has eaten Science Diet her whole life and we don't feed her anything other than dog food. Any ideas??
esejybev.jpg

Any updates on your baby? I've been thinking about her today. I hope she is ok!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Could just be an upset tummy, but also could be an obstruction. It she pooping, and if so is it normal or diarrhea? Try some pepto to see it that helps, plus try a little cooked chicken and rice to see it she will eat that.

OP
LeaKMiller

LeaKMiller

Apr 21, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Any updates on your baby? I've been thinking about her today. I hope she is ok!

Thanks so much for asking!! She woke up at 5am starving!!! So I had to feed her. Now she's groggy and uninterested in eating but her gas isn't quite as bad.....

Let's hope it's just an upset tummy!!

OP
LeaKMiller

LeaKMiller

Apr 21, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Could just be an upset tummy, but also could be an obstruction. It she pooping, and if so is it normal or diarrhea? Try some pepto to see it that helps, plus try a little cooked chicken and rice to see it she will eat that.

She had diarrhea yesterday. But now she is back to a more normal poop. I actually game her half on a TUM in a pill pocket....

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
She sounds just like how Rigs was. He ended up having multiple X-rays. He had a small obstruction but they didn't think it was foreign. He was jam packed of poop and had to be put on multiple meds to help. I do hope it isn't an obstruction. 😞 The groggy thing worries me. I hope she will be ok.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would put her on a bland diet for a couple days to see if it gets better. If she is not better by tomorrow, a trip to the vet should be in order.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

esejybev.jpg

How is Stella doing ... any improvement? She sure is a beautiful bully.... love this picture

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.