Thread: That dreaded yeast problem

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default That dreaded yeast problem

My sweet Bella girl is having a terrible time trying to get rid of this yeast problem! Red/brown face wrinkles, around her pee pee area, her paws between her toes and just noticed cyst between 2 toes. She also has moist ears and watering eyes. This started about 2 months ago. At the time she was on a vet prescription food for stomach issues. She was previously on a good high protein food and never had this problem, but I'm afraid to put her back on that because it could have been the problem causing her to throw up. So 2 months ago I switched her to grain free Fromms. She gets zertec everyday, yogurt, coconut oil, apple cider vinager in her water. She drinks and eats out of stainless steel bowls. I clean and apply mal-e-ket everyday. It is not clearing up at all. The vet said he will need to put her on a steroid to clear it up if nothing else works. I really don't want to do that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: That dreaded yeast problem

Have you tried using miconizole (sp?) cream for the yeast?
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by girlbully View Post
    My sweet Bella girl is having a terrible time trying to get rid of this yeast problem! Red/brown face wrinkles, around her pee pee area, her paws between her toes and just noticed cyst between 2 toes. She also has moist ears and watering eyes. This started about 2 months ago. At the time she was on a vet prescription food for stomach issues. She was previously on a good high protein food and never had this problem, but I'm afraid to put her back on that because it could have been the problem causing her to throw up. So 2 months ago I switched her to grain free Fromms. She gets zertec everyday, yogurt, coconut oil, apple cider vinager in her water. She drinks and eats out of stainless steel bowls. I clean and apply mal-e-ket everyday. It is not clearing up at all. The vet said he will need to put her on a steroid to clear it up if nothing else works. I really don't want to do that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

My bully vet vet told me to get clx wipes.
    These wipes have a thing to take care of the yeast and it does a great job cleaning my bully's.
    Got them off eBay

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

try to use water and vinegar solution to clean the affected areas. quit the ACV for the meantime because yeast thrive on sugar and ACV has sugar . hope she gets better soon!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Which Fromm are you feeding.... if it has white potato it can be adding to the problem. My girl has horrible yeast due to grass/weed allergies. we feed Fromm Pork and Peas, which she does great with... still some yeast issue, but totally under control with this flavor.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pooper scooper
    Real Name
    Grace
    Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nelly
    Likes (Received)

To clear brown face wrinkles, we've had success with hydrogen peroxide to clean, followed by drying and then applying desitin. It cleared in a couple days. To prevent, we switched to filtered (Brita) water.

For recurring problems downtown, I bought bladder support supplements at petsmart. They have cranberry and pumpkin in them, give Nelly a couple with each meal (60 lbs) and it has kept her infection free.

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Prostora has helped our guy tremendously and he never gets yeast anymore. I order it online now, it's a probiotic and not cheap but works awesomely to me. I don't give it all the time but enough. He's on Earthborn Meadowfeast for food due to allergies to almost everything. Neo-predif powder is good for yeast too. Both products you need a script for though. I am so sorry about Bella. Also, can you try to bathe her once a week or 2 with a good shampoo? I like Etiderm a lot. The frequent bathing seems to help here too.
    I've been where you are and I'm so sorry to hear. I never got relief from the wipes, etc. Yeast didn't go away until I changed food and started probiotics. Good luck!

Remove Ads