That dreaded yeast problem

girlbully

Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
My sweet Bella girl is having a terrible time trying to get rid of this yeast problem! Red/brown face wrinkles, around her pee pee area, her paws between her toes and just noticed cyst between 2 toes. She also has moist ears and watering eyes. This started about 2 months ago. At the time she was on a vet prescription food for stomach issues. She was previously on a good high protein food and never had this problem, but I'm afraid to put her back on that because it could have been the problem causing her to throw up. So 2 months ago I switched her to grain free Fromms. She gets zertec everyday, yogurt, coconut oil, apple cider vinager in her water. She drinks and eats out of stainless steel bowls. I clean and apply mal-e-ket everyday. It is not clearing up at all. The vet said he will need to put her on a steroid to clear it up if nothing else works. I really don't want to do that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Have you tried using miconizole (sp?) cream for the yeast?

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
My sweet Bella girl is having a terrible time trying to get rid of this yeast problem! Red/brown face wrinkles, around her pee pee area, her paws between her toes and just noticed cyst between 2 toes. She also has moist ears and watering eyes. This started about 2 months ago. At the time she was on a vet prescription food for stomach issues. She was previously on a good high protein food and never had this problem, but I'm afraid to put her back on that because it could have been the problem causing her to throw up. So 2 months ago I switched her to grain free Fromms. She gets zertec everyday, yogurt, coconut oil, apple cider vinager in her water. She drinks and eats out of stainless steel bowls. I clean and apply mal-e-ket everyday. It is not clearing up at all. The vet said he will need to put her on a steroid to clear it up if nothing else works. I really don't want to do that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

My bully vet vet told me to get clx wipes.
These wipes have a thing to take care of the yeast and it does a great job cleaning my bully's.
Got them off eBay

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
try to use water and vinegar solution to clean the affected areas. quit the ACV for the meantime because yeast thrive on sugar and ACV has sugar :yes:. hope she gets better soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Which Fromm are you feeding.... if it has white potato it can be adding to the problem. My girl has horrible yeast due to grass/weed allergies. we feed Fromm Pork and Peas, which she does great with... still some yeast issue, but totally under control with this flavor.

nellbell

Feb 5, 2014
Braintree, MA
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelly
To clear brown face wrinkles, we've had success with hydrogen peroxide to clean, followed by drying and then applying desitin. It cleared in a couple days. To prevent, we switched to filtered (Brita) water.

For recurring problems downtown, I bought bladder support supplements at petsmart. They have cranberry and pumpkin in them, give Nelly a couple with each meal (60 lbs) and it has kept her infection free.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Prostora has helped our guy tremendously and he never gets yeast anymore. I order it online now, it's a probiotic and not cheap but works awesomely to me. I don't give it all the time but enough. He's on Earthborn Meadowfeast for food due to allergies to almost everything. :( Neo-predif powder is good for yeast too. Both products you need a script for though. :( I am so sorry about Bella. Also, can you try to bathe her once a week or 2 with a good shampoo? I like Etiderm a lot. The frequent bathing seems to help here too.
I've been where you are and I'm so sorry to hear. I never got relief from the wipes, etc. Yeast didn't go away until I changed food and started probiotics. :( Good luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.