Ear Wash

Deanna1489

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Otis has had two ear infections within the last 7 months. The first one was a clear oozing in the ear canal. It cleared up with antibiotic drops and oral meds with no problem. Last month came ear infection number two. The vet prescribed Tresaderm drops, no oral meds. It didn't clear up so we changed to Baytril drops and oral meds. The clear oozing cleared up, but now he has this brown junk that just won't go away. It is better, but still there. I know this is probably yeast (he is on a grain free diet), but what do I do? I know there are ear washes is this the route I take? I just want my baby ALL better. Any advise?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, could he be getting water in his ears when you bath him? This is sometimes a cause of ear infections. I don't pour water on my guys heads when I bath them, I use a face cloth and soap to wash their faces and their nose ropes, and ears. Then I make sure the ears are dried really well. In between their baths I use unscented baby wipes to keep their faces, nose ropes, eyes and the outer parts of the inside of their ears clean. I use a homemade cleaner in their ears when needed, usually about once a month. Take a plastic bottle with a nozzle on it, you can find them at the dollar store, and mix equal amounts of vinegar, preferably apple cider vinegar and hydrogen peroxide, and a couple of drops of rubbing alcohol, be careful not to use too much rubbing alcohol, as it can be drying and irritating to the ear, and cause burning of the tender skin inside the ear.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could also be allergies... try some benedryl 1 mg per pound up to 3x a day --- Banks ears are like this (brown junk) and it is from her allergies (grass, tree, weeds, molds)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.