Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 22 of 22

Thread: Sir Rumble Pig is Recovering!!

  1. #13
    Dog Groomer Mia Amor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Anaheim/ So Cal
    Posts
    591
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Sir Rumble Pig is Recovering!!

    So glad he is doing so well after surgery. Wish him all the best.

    Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

  2. #14
    Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Houston - TX
    Posts
    813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)
    237

    Default Re: Sir Rumble Pig is Recovering!!

    This subject is a sensitive topic for me Izzy just went yesterday for a third ACL surgery. She had both legs done and now she had to redo the left leg. I'm a bit upset and even questioning myself if I could have done anything better during her previous recovery process well I guess we are back on the slow road of recovery.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

  3. #15
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11491

    Default Re: Sir Rumble Pig is Recovering!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy's Mom View Post
    This subject is a sensitive topic for me Izzy just went yesterday for a third ACL surgery. She had both legs done and now she had to redo the left leg. I'm a bit upset and even questioning myself if I could have done anything better during her previous recovery process well I guess we are back on the slow road of recovery.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    So sorry Izzy has to go in again.... It is so difficult during recovery! Hugs and prayers all goes well
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  4. #16
    Pet Sitter tiffykay06's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    336
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: Sir Rumble Pig is Recovering!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy's Mom View Post
    This subject is a sensitive topic for me Izzy just went yesterday for a third ACL surgery. She had both legs done and now she had to redo the left leg. I'm a bit upset and even questioning myself if I could have done anything better during her previous recovery process well I guess we are back on the slow road of recovery.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    oh no! I am so sorry to hear about Izzy. What type of surgery did she have done the first time? What did the vet say?

  5. #17
    Pet Sitter tiffykay06's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    336
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: Sir Rumble Pig is Recovering!!

    Day 4 through day day 10. Rumble has been making wonderful progress. My husband even went as far to say that he walks on it better now than when it was injured. His daily routine has involved waking up and eating breakfast in his playpen. He is allowed to walk from the play pen by the door outside and down the ramp to potty and then back inside. Other than that he has no exercise. He is still on deramaxx (1/2 per day) and a sedative as needed. His bandage is off and his incision looks great. There are no outer stitches or anything to be removed so we do not go back to the vet until X-rays are taken at 8 weeks. After 14 days our instructions say to take him on a 1/2 block walk every day. Has anyone else done that so soon? I'll post photos once I get back to my laptop.

  6. #18
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11491

    Default Re: Sir Rumble Pig is Recovering!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tiffykay06 View Post
    Day 4 through day day 10. Rumble has been making wonderful progress. My husband even went as far to say that he walks on it better now than when it was injured. His daily routine has involved waking up and eating breakfast in his playpen. He is allowed to walk from the play pen by the door outside and down the ramp to potty and then back inside. Other than that he has no exercise. He is still on deramaxx (1/2 per day) and a sedative as needed. His bandage is off and his incision looks great. There are no outer stitches or anything to be removed so we do not go back to the vet until X-rays are taken at 8 weeks. After 14 days our instructions say to take him on a 1/2 block walk every day. Has anyone else done that so soon? I'll post photos once I get back to my laptop.
    Great progress!! Yes, we did shorts walks after two weeks ... Do not overdo it, do exactly what vet instructs , the area is very sensitive.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  7. #19
    Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Houston - TX
    Posts
    813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)
    237

    Default Re: Sir Rumble Pig is Recovering!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tiffykay06 View Post
    oh no! I am so sorry to hear about Izzy. What type of surgery did she have done the first time? What did the vet say?
    Vet said she overdid it... but I handled her exactly like I did on the first surgery. I guess I will never know the answer to this. She is an active bully so maybe once she had both legs done she was using them too much after surgery. I have been keeping her on the crate for the most part. If i let her roam free than I expect that she will just lay on the floor by me and sleep. If she starts trying to walk or hop around the apartment then I put her back in the crate with a toy or bone for her to chew on.

    Today is day 6 and I noticed when she walks slow she has been putting her leg down and using it a bit. What is your vet instructions? Are you doing ice pack and therapy on him?

    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

  8. #20
    Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Houston - TX
    Posts
    813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)
    237

    Default Re: Sir Rumble Pig is Recovering!!

    She had the thread done on both legs. First leg (right side) was done on December then left leg was done on march. Then May we redid the left leg. She is a small bully, weights 40 pounds so the vet opted for the thread and not the other surgeries. What type of surgery did you choose for Rumble?

    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

  9. #21
    Pet Sitter tiffykay06's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    336
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: Sir Rumble Pig is Recovering!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy's Mom View Post
    Vet said she overdid it... but I handled her exactly like I did on the first surgery. I guess I will never know the answer to this. She is an active bully so maybe once she had both legs done she was using them too much after surgery. I have been keeping her on the crate for the most part. If i let her roam free than I expect that she will just lay on the floor by me and sleep. If she starts trying to walk or hop around the apartment then I put her back in the crate with a toy or bone for her to chew on.

    Today is day 6 and I noticed when she walks slow she has been putting her leg down and using it a bit. What is your vet instructions? Are you doing ice pack and therapy on him?
    I am so sorry to hear you are going through this with Izzy and Rumble will keep his paws crossed that she gets better! How is Izzy feeling? We went to two different vets who recommended two different surgeries (one TPLO and one TTA). I researched both surgeries and could not determine if one was better than the other so I went with the vet I was more comfortable with. He preformed the TPLO surgery on Rumble since he is 58 pounds and is only a year and a half old and very active. My only question with the vet we used is that he does not recommend any sort of therapy on him. We used a warm compress for a couple days afterwards because of the swelling and they recommended heat instead of ice. My next instruction comes after 14 days where he says to walk him a half a block every day but no further until x-rays confirm healing at 8 weeks. We were told to let him walk to outside to potty on the second day but to keep him kenneled or in a small area otherwise. The vet said some walking is okay but it should not be constant or excessive. Since he was still on pain medication it has been easy to keep him calm thus far. Today is the first day without pain meds so we will see how he does.

  10. #22
    Pet Sitter tiffykay06's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    336
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: Sir Rumble Pig is Recovering!!

    Day 11 through day 14 has brought great progress. His incision is looking amazing. Here are some photos I took on day 6 -20140528_184231-jpg-20140528_184447-jpgand here are some photos I took on day 13. -20140604_181758-jpg-20140604_181750-jpgHis incision hardly has any scabs left on it and his fur is starting to grow back. I cannot believe the improvement! He is such a champ. We have started to give him some chew toys to chew on in his play pen now that he is off the medication and is not sleeping all the time. We are killing our backs by constantly sitting and laying on the floor with him but I would not change it for anything. He is starting to get his personality back and is pouting if one of us is not in his play pen with him. My main questions at this point are when we can stop worrying about him licking his incision and how we should handle maintenance items like cutting his nails. I don't want to do anything to hurt his leg but his nails are going to be ridiculous if we do not do anything. Any ideas? Right now we can keep him calm enough to clean his wrinkles if there are two of us.
    Here are some other photos of him throughout this process and the ramp we built him for our back patio step. -20140604_204310-jpg-20140526_165608-jpg-20140526_114758-1-jpg-20140602_182342-jpg-20140525_113959-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20140528_184231-jpg   -20140528_184244-jpg   -20140528_184249-jpg   -20140525_113959-jpg   -20140604_181750-jpg   -20140604_181758-jpg  

    -20140604_204310-jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •