General Question Has anyone heard of Puppy Strangles (Juvenile Cellulitis)?!!

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
I asked Dr. Fant about it, she said not to worry that his throat would not swell shut… it has actually gone down a lot since he got the steroid shot today. I'm lucky that I stay at home, he's spoiled rotten!!! LOL

That is so great to hear. So glad he is doing better so fast. Yes he is one lucky puppy.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry to hear this, and I have never heard of it. I hope the meds work and he gets better without it coming back.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so glad Walter is on the mend, and hope the medications work quickly, and the infection clears up soon. I have never heard of this either. Sending love, hugs and prayers to you, I think you need them more than Walter. Take a deep breath, he's going to be okay. Feel better Walter, and stop scaring Mommy.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So glad to hear he is doing better!! Just breathe and keep that glass of wine in mind to unwind tonight.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, I had never heard of a dog having strangles(or I should say, never heard it called that in dogs...). I once purchased a horse, who turned out to have strangles, which can be very contagious in horses, as in the beginning they blow snot. This horse had it in her nodes. She had had it for awhile, so it took me a long time to cure, having to give two shots a day for a month.
It is really good that you took the baBY IN right away-so it will not get so bad! Sending prayers for you and Wally.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Wally's just doing his best to keep you on your toes Tracey! Hope he's feeling all better real soon!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well, I had never heard of a dog having strangles(or I should say, never heard it called that in dogs...). I once purchased a horse, who turned out to have strangles, which can be very contagious in horses, as in the beginning they blow snot. This horse had it in her nodes. She had had it for awhile, so it took me a long time to cure, having to give two shots a day for a month.
It is really good that you took the baBY IN right away-so it will not get so bad! Sending prayers for you and Wally.

I was going to ask you about the horse part… LOL I googled it unfortunately, and some of the side effects were pretty scary. Dr. Fant thinks I caught this super early so I really hope so… :begging: Thanks for your advice and prayers Lynn, always appreciated!!!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Tracey, so Glad Your Wally is ok. God Bless You Tracey. Give Wally a Hug and Kiss from me and Elmo.:kisskiss::hug:

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Poor baby , and mama . Praying for ur boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Hope Wally is still dong well with his recovery! Still praying for you,and family about the job!! :yes:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene Hope Wally is still dong well with his recovery! Still praying for you,and family about the job!! :yes:

Wally seems fine… the swelling is completely GONE!!! No sores or lesions at all… I think that we must of caught this super early!!! Thanks for you prayers Lynn, I so do appreciate it!!! We won't find out for awhile unfortunately...

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I'm just reading this thread now! oh poor Wally and mommy! great that everythings almost back to normal. give the little a couple of huge tight hugs for me :).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.