Other Rumble has TPLO Surgery on Thursday!!

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Sir Rumble Pig is having TPLO surgery on his left hind leg to repair a CCL tear this Thursday. I have to drop him off in the morning. And because I am crazy paranoid I will be reminding them of his food intake and that he is allergic to penicillin. I want to do everything in my power to make sure this is successful. The way the vet's office works is that I do not have an exact surgery time because they take appointments in the morning and then surgeries in the afternoon based on most crucial. They will call me after surgery to let me know how it goes and he will spend the night there. We will be able to pick him up Friday morning. I already know I am going to be a nervous wreck :ohmy: until he is back home. In the meantime we are trying to spoil him as much as possible. We have told him he will be having surgery but he does not seem to understand. Thursday evening to keep myself occupied without Sir Rumble Pig I will be cleaning the house and then preparing for his recovery. I have bought area rugs to cover up the tile flooring we have. We will be rearranging furniture to keep him confined to a small area and we will be building a ramp for the step on our patio. I have also invested in a large amount of new chew toys and an additional exercise pen so that we will have his own little area to recover in. The vet said depending on the incision we may or may not have to come back to have sutures removed in 2 weeks and then we will have a follow up appointment with x-rays in 8 weeks to check the bones healing. We are prepared for 12 weeks of recovery which means this will be a very long summer. I have read previous comments on CCL surgery but any other advice would be extremely helpful! Please keep Sir Rumble Pig in your thoughts and prayers :pray:and I will update you as soon as I know something on Thursday. I know I will be praying :pray: and trying to think positive thoughts!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have no experience with CCL surgery, but I will keep Rumble in my thoughts and prayers for safe and speedy recovery.

Annabella

May 16, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella
Hi Tiffany, my Annabella had the same surgery on her left hind leg last December and there was a 3 month recovery period. No sooner did we all recover from that surgery...she blew out her right leg, she is having surgery again on June 3. The key is to keep them confined and keep up with the meds they send home. He will be very drowsy, but that is a good thing. Walk him on a leash to do his business and then back to his little area no more exercise than that. It was very hard to see Annabella confined but I would go and just sit with her and tell her how much I loved her, this was my special time with her. It was amazing to see her back to her old self after the 3 months but..sadly the other leg gave way. Just know that your little guy will be back good as new once summer is done, which is a good thing because he'll be indoors and you won't have to worry about him overheating. There's always something to worry about with these fur babies....Good Luck and keep us posted on his progress, I know it is scary but he'll do fine!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I have no advice but I will be praying for you and Rumble.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope and pray everything works out for Rumble Pig.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Tiffany, I'm sorry I don't have any experience with this type of surgery either, but it sounds like you've done all your research, and you've prepared everything for his post surgical recovery. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope the surgery is successful and he has a quick and easy recovery. The hardest part will be keeping him quiet and not jumping up and down from things. Please keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You got it covered.... many prayers and positive thoughts will be sent to you all on Thursday!

Our vet does the smae thing on surgery days... drop off at 7:00 AM and the procedure is sometime in the afternoon and we get a call when it is over, then pick up is the next day

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have no advice on the surgery, just sending lots of hugs and prayers to Sir Rumble Pig!!! Please keep us posted… :pray:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We will keep him in our thoughts Thursday for everything to go well.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Prayers for Rumble's surgery and good recovery .

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.