Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Mack Is Becoming a Grumpy Old Man

im also wondering if upping his joint meds would help. i give sarah 2 cosequin ds pills a day since she hurt her front leg and has a limp that wont go away. just a suggestion. i hope he feels better.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Alice..you might ask your vet about gabapentin. We used it on our Rottie with great success. It's used in humans to help with seizures by blocking nerve signals (pain) to the brain. Our poor girl had such horrible spinal stenosis, she spent a weekend in such pain. Our regular vet tried everything including the Fentanyl patch..which is used for end stage pain management in terminal cancer patients..and it did nothing! We transferred to a teaching hospital and within an hour and ONE pill of gabapentin, she was pain free. Our regular vet wasn't aware of it being used in dogs, and was amazed. It's not expensive and has no side effects. She did have to remain on it forever, but since surgery was not an option, we had no problem with that. In fact, two years later, after she was diagnosed with bone cancer, we discovered that the gabapentin and her Tramadol were what was used to control the pain in that also. I just upped her dosage as needed. I think @2BullyMama uses it for Banks too.

@Alice Kable
    Yes, Banks is on it for her back issues, as well. At this point, she is on 1 pill of Gabapentin in the PM and 2 Tramadol in the AM since she sleeps all day while we are at work, we determined just the one in the afternoon will get her through her active hours which is 4 - 8 PM (Eastern)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Hey, if it gets him extra snuggles and alone time with mom, he just might keep being grumpy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads