Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Brain Cancer - Bully time line?

I have no experience in this but want to wish you well.... as others have stated, you will know when the time is right and always remember all the wonderful times he had and all the love you shared.

and sending prayers to help you along
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Dog Park Attendant Rigginsluv11's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Riggins
    Likes (Received)

I am so, so sorry you are going through this. It is never an easy thing to decide.

Last July I had to make the decision to put my 8 year old Boston Terrier to rest. At the end of April Annie started having seizures out of nowhere. She had 17 grand mal seizures in a matter of 19 hours. It was heart breaking to see. We tried every combination of anti seizure medicine possible but nothing would help. The longest she would go without one was 2 days and then she would have a whole cluster of them. I held on to her until July in hopes that they would stop but they wouldn't. I made the hardest decision of my life and too her to my vet to let her go. And let me tell you, even driving her the 5 minute drive, I convinced myself that I could give her one more week...that I was giving up on her too soon. My husband and 3 years old daughter were in the car behind me so they could say goodbye to her and then leave while I stayed with her. I was going to tell him that I changed my mind. Well when we walked in the door, Annie broke out in the most violent seizure she had ever had. I firmly believe that was her way of tell me 'Mama, it's time to let me go. You are doing the right thing.' So my husband and daughter said their tearful goodbyes. I held Annie in my arms and looked her in the eyes and whispered that I loved her while she crossed the bridge. It was unreal hard but something that very moment told me it was time.

Then about a month and a half ago I had to let my other Boston go. 😞 So I had to make that decision with both of my babies within 9 months of each other. He was tough though. Rocky was 12 and was great until I lost Annie. I know his heart was broken and I believe he let himself go. So for a couple of months I went back and forth on whether to let Rocky go and if it was the right time. I even flew my Dad from NH to SC to help me decide. But like everyone else said, he couldn't tell me. Only I could decide. Only I would know. And I literally went to bed Sunday night and hardly slept. I snuggled with him all night. For some reason I kept crying off and on. I guess I knew it was time but didn't know if that makes sense. I woke up Monday morning and asked my husband to take our daughter to school for me. When he left I called my vet and said it was time. I made an appt for when my daughter got out of preschool. So just like 9 months earlier with Annie, we drove in separate cars. They said their goodbyes. I stayed and held Rocky wrapped in the same penguin blanket that my daughter picked out for Annie when she went to Heaven. I looked him in the eyes, cried, talked to him, said I was so sorry and that I loved him so much as he crossed the bridge.

Sorry for my rambling 😞 I just feel for you and my heart aches for you. Something will tell you when the time is right. Whether it's a sign from them like Annie gave me. Or just a night of snuggling and looking in their eyes and seeing their pain like Rocky. You will know.

Please know that we are all here for you throughout the process. We may not know each other but we are all one bullie family. Sending big hugs to both you and your bullies. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Last year we had to let go of our boxer Remi as he was suffering from kidney and liver failure at 13 years old and then again 4 months later with our ridgeback Sasha who had an aggressive cancer with tumors from her nose to her lungs at 8 years old. We miss them dearly but we feel we did what was best for both of them. As others have said only you will know when the time is right and it is tough all around and never gets easier. We will be here for you all the way.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry to hear about Taz, I Pray that it is not cancer. Please let us all know when you find out on Monday. God Bless You, You are a Wonderful Mommy to Taz, for helping him with his health problems, Taz is a Lucky Boy to have You.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mickey and Minnie
    Likes (Received)

Last year we lost our Frenchie to brain cancer. He starting seizing )grand mal) and they could never break the cycle. Two months later we lost our elkhound to brain cancer it is awful.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taz
    Likes (Received)

Thanks to all of you that posted such kind words for me here

I took Taz in for a physical and shots Monday and there was nothing that really came out of it. The doctor said all is status quo, etc. for now. I know now I was looking for something that wasn't going to come from there, and I have not yet had the "sign." Hopefully it is clear as you all describe when it comes. As compared to myself continuing to adjust to new levels of low and making excuses for him... I am trying to stay objective, and take the days as they come.
    When he has had enough he will probably get me the message, I hope anyway. We tell ourselves its for the better - obviously if I can tell just for a moment that he agrees it will be so much better. He just seems to be so complacent with his situation. Happy until the end, even with what little functions he has. I love bullies so much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads