cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not but I will ask this question and see if anyone can offer some help or maybe you've had similar experience.

A couple days ago when I got home from work I found Finn in his crate with two big piles of :poo:. He has never done this before...well, maybe just once in his crate. He's mostly been able to hold it, plus, he goes #2 every morning before I leave for work. The poop piles were not watery or loose...(hope you're not eating breakfast or lunch while reading this)!
That evening though, I noticed that his BM was more of a diarrhea consistency. I put some pumpkin in his kibble that night hoping that would firm him up.

Yesterday I got home from work and there little bits of poop all over his towel in the crate. He didn't have a full BM but he obviously had to relieve himself. I recently put the boys on Wellness Core. Finn was eating the fish formula for about a month and he was doing well on it, no poop accidents. Just last wk, I switched them to the lamb version of Wellness Core and this week he's been getting these poopy symptoms. This a.m. I decided to give him some white rice and ground beef, no kibble at all.

I guess my concern was that he couldn't hold his BM and if i should be concerned that this could be a more serious problem than a food-adjustment issue? I know i should just give it a little more time and see how he does w/the bland diet for now and slowly transition him back to the kibble OR, i'll just keep him on the home cooking for the time being. He's pretty well otherwise though.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe the lamb formula just doesn't agree with him. I would put him back on the fish if he was doing well on it.. This insane heat might have something to do with it too.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Since the only thing that's changed is he's now on Lamb, I'm also thinking that's the most likely cause. Something about it is just upsetting his tummy.
I'd change back to the fish formula.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not but I will ask this question and see if anyone can offer some help or maybe you've had similar experience.

A couple days ago when I got home from work I found Finn in his crate with two big piles of :poo:. He has never done this before...well, maybe just once in his crate. He's mostly been able to hold it, plus, he goes #2 every morning before I leave for work. The poop piles were not watery or loose...(hope you're not eating breakfast or lunch while reading this)!
That evening though, I noticed that his BM was more of a diarrhea consistency. I put some pumpkin in his kibble that night hoping that would firm him up.

Yesterday I got home from work and there little bits of poop all over his towel in the crate. He didn't have a full BM but he obviously had to relieve himself. I recently put the boys on Wellness Core. Finn was eating the fish formula for about a month and he was doing well on it, no poop accidents. Just last wk, I switched them to the lamb version of Wellness Core and this week he's been getting these poopy symptoms. This a.m. I decided to give him some white rice and ground beef, no kibble at all.

I guess my concern was that he couldn't hold his BM and if i should be concerned that this could be a more serious problem than a food-adjustment issue? I know i should just give it a little more time and see how he does w/the bland diet for now and slowly transition him back to the kibble OR, i'll just keep him on the home cooking for the time being. He's pretty well otherwise though.
Wellness core white fish formula was one of the foods that Brutus would projectile vomit. It completely did not agree with him. I think that is probably whats going on here. Poor baby, he was probably so embarrased. Tell him it will just be our little secret!!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Okay, thanks gang. i should've stuck with the kibble that Finn was fine with, but i had the bright idea of trying out a different protein. Luckily Tate is doing okay on it.
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION], the whitefish was actually the one Finn was doing well on! interesting how our bullies react to these foods so differently. Is Brutus still on the Wellness Core brand? And yes, I believe he was embarrassed about his accidents. I think Finn was afraid that Tate would laugh and tease him about it but Tate was a good brother and just pretended to not see all that crap!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Okay, thanks gang. i should've stuck with the kibble that Finn was fine with, but i had the bright idea of trying out a different protein. Luckily Tate is doing okay on it.
@brutus77, the whitefish was actually the one Finn was doing well on! interesting how our bullies react to these foods so differently. Is Brutus still on the Wellness Core brand? And yes, I believe he was embarrassed about his accidents. I think Finn was afraid that Tate would laugh and tease him about it but Tate was a good brother and just pretended to not see all that crap!
Brutus and Frankie are on Blue limited ingredient sensitive solution turkey and potato. They are doing great on it so far :pray:. I think food is one of the biggest challenges we have with these babies. Good for Tate for not laughing :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/the others Henny… sounds like that food!!! It's such a battle w/the food and these bullies… I just switched Wally onto puppy Fromm's and keep our fingers crossed so far so good. It's ridiculous that we are always inspecting the poo for loose :poo:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agreed -- the lamb didn't agree with him.... so sensitive.

📰 Latest posts

Members online