Finally answers about my bully

ddiizzyy

Oct 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Augustine
I have been dealing with my bulldogs hot spots, itchy skin, and just all over issues. Ive changed her food a zillion times, put everything on earth on her skin (see my other thread on this) and finally the vet i saw today answered all my questions. The vet my bulldog used to go to switched to a different practice so for almost a year I have been seeing other vets at that practice. I finally asked where she was and they told me she left. So I tracked her down and saw her today. My bulldog is NOT allergic to her food most likely but yet topically allergic. Did you know that all pet foods have mites in the bag when you buy it that when ingested, cause flare ups. I have a whole sheet on this stuff. You should always put your dry food in an air tight container.

Anyway, I got a steroid/antibiotic spray (I hate the steroid but its topic so slightly better and she needs it until she gets through this) and also they recommened zyrtec and not benedryl. Zyrtec is once a day, more effective, and does not make the dog sleepy.

I also have to bathe her twice a week and then the days I dont bathe her I have to wipe her completely down with a wet wash cloth, no soap.

She does not think its autoimmune thankfully.

:yes:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
So thankful you got answers, here's to better health, asap!

Not only mites but can get moldy, if your dog eats well but doesn't
want to eat a newly opened bag, take it back.

Keep us informed and thank you for the helpful tips~GOD bless <3

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Very smart vet, I can tell! Hope she gets better soon and let us know how the Zyrtec works for you. What is the dosage on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cool, so happy you found your old vet and got some answers to your babies problems. Hope she gets better soon.

OP
D

ddiizzyy

Oct 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Augustine
10mg once a day zyrtec

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think I love your vet!!! great you found her again .. now make sure she never leaves and doesn't tell you!

best of luck with all you are doing and please keep us posted

📰 Latest posts

Members online