Eye swelling?

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Just my luck! I literally just posted my first post after being MIA on the forums and I just noticed this. Is this cherry eye?
tadezu7y.jpg
anajage8.jpg
y5u4yga5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have never dealt with it but from other pics I have seen on the site it does look like it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I just checked it again right now and it's gone. His eye looks normal..I'll keep a close eye on ot

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, Eric, it does look like Cherry Eye to me, my female Blossom developed this at 5 months old, and at first we could massage it back in, and in the beginning, it came out mostly after playing a little rough with her brother, or running. Over time though it wouldn't stay in, and then she developed it in the other eye. We had the vet check it, and confirm that it was cherry eye, and then waited until we had her spayed at 7 months old, and did both surgeries at the same time. We used over the counter eye drops from the drug store, the same kind you would buy for yourself, to keep her eye from drying out, from being exposed to the air. The vet did a great job of repairing her eyes, and we are very happy with the results, you would never know she had surgery on her eyes. We had them tacked back in, but some members have had the eye gland removed.

Blossom before and after cherry eye surgery

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 135

Stacy Ciani Sura

May 14, 2014
Its so weird you put this up. I have a 6 month old brindle, and her eye looked like that a week ago and then went away. And tonight she has the same thing again. I am wondering also if it is the beginning of cherry eye.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes it sure looks like it, glad it went away for now. It may come out again or when allergies are acting up, or during high stress or playful times. If it comes out permanently you can try tucking it back . But many times it requires surgery. Don't worry, it's usually cosmetic, not painful.

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Thank you so much for the fast responses. My wife told me she had seen this a few times, but didn't think anything of it cause it goes away in about 20-30mim.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That is plica semilunaris and if the tear gland underneath becomes infected it will be cherry eye. You will know when that happens. If you google cherry eye you'll see what I mean. When as small as your baby's and it goes back in again you don't need to worry. Usually when they grow up and in to their heads, it doesn't slip out anymore.

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
RiiSi, thank you much for your answer. Hope that is the case and he doesn't need surgery :)

📰 Latest posts

Members online