RASH!!! Ugh!

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
So Gunner has a rash, on his belly, all around his little weenie. It came on all of a sudden day before yesterday. Been giving him Benadryl, which takes a lot of the redness out, but it's not getting better, and gets more red and swollen it seems when it gets wet?!. It's been raining out here, so I have to make sure I dry him off really well when he comes in now!
It doesn't seem to bother him really at all.
Any ideas?

**Its around his nipples too....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 164
OP
G

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Okay so now we have pink feet, rashy armpits and ears....
Calling the vet in the morning. Sigh
he still doesn't seem to bothered by it though. Maybe just now a bit itchy on his feet...

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh, poor thing. Something he ate, or did he roll in something new outside or in? i would still give him the benadryl to relieve the swelling and itching, tho it sounds like he's not itchy?

OP
G

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Has Gunner been in the grass? I hope this Baby gets all Better.
He's always in the grass when he goes outside to potty and poop. He LOVES being outside, he will even flop down and squawk at you for trying to pick him up and bring him in when he's refusing yo go in on his own power. He rolls in the yard and yaps and runs! He just LOVES being outside.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Poor baby… it defiantly looks like an allergic reaction of some kind. Any food changes lately? I also agree w/the grass comment… tis the season!!!

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
When My Bella was younger and would get her belly wet from going out in the wet grass to potty she would get the same reaction. My vet told me to keep the area dry and use a anti-becterial and anti-fungal spray which would clear it up with in a day or so. She is now just over six month's old now and does not get this any more but i do keep after her to keep her belly dry when she comes in now.

This is what I used > http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Pets-Medicat...t.jsp?productId=16237826&cp=10772793.12946231

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is a constant battle with us for Banks... she is coming up on 9 yrs old and been an issue since she was a pup..... she is allergic to all grasses and weeds, so I always have to make sure she is cleaned/wiped off after yard time

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Meatball gets this sometimes. I still don't know what causes it. I think it might be the grass, and sometimes I think it's our laundry detergent. When he lays on my blanket he gets like this

OP
G

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
When My Bella was younger and would get her belly wet from going out in the wet grass to potty she would get the same reaction. My vet told me to keep the area dry and use a anti-becterial and anti-fungal spray which would clear it up with in a day or so. She is now just over six month's old now and does not get this any more but i do keep after her to keep her belly dry when she comes in now.

This is what I used > http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Pets-Medicat...t.jsp?productId=16237826&cp=10772793.12946231
I switched him to Claritin today. The annual bluegrass is blooming and going to seed here. The Claritin seems to work better for him. He still doesn't seem bothered by it. Maybe a bit itchy in the ears?! I dunno, it could've been a random itch I suppose. But I will look into this for him, pretty sure it's just a grass allergy.
Thank you!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Nearly gone!
I also looked up some new antibacterial and antifungal shampoos to purchase. And a spray!
Thanks for the advice :)

Glad he's doing better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
It seems to be annual bluegrass that's bugging him.
We had a week of rain and it all germinated, bloomed and went to seed. As soon as hubby mowed it all off, things have settled down on gunners belly!
I went across the street to the neighbors with him, their yard it's behind ours in this growing process though! Guess who's belly broke out again?! Lol
we have also found Claritin works much better for him than benadryl!

📰 Latest posts

Members online