Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seizure I think!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Seizure I think!

Most seizures I have seen-both petit and grand-the eyes are staring, as if sightless, or jerking. There is also a condition which is not common called myotonia, where if over stimulated, or startled, they will collapse. It is a sort of "misfire of the muscles". Also possible drop in blood sugar-but usually need something sweet to conteract that.
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Look this up on Google. Bulldogs are known to have some strange head and facial movements that are related to myotonia. No one knows exactly why. Jammy had her first episode a few months ago. It does happen when they are active/playing. Sometimes just putting a hand on her or petting her makes it stop. I'm a dr and it really freaked me out the first time. I can only imagine how worried you've been. It doesn't affect their quality of life or life span. There are some people who believe it has something to do with allergies, but there is no medical research that supports this. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

United States
    Watford City, NoDak
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lou Nanne
    Likes (Received)

Hi everyone. Thank You all so much again! We went to the vet yesterday and He did some blood work. We are waiting for results. Vet advise to video next episode if possible. I mentioned myotonia and Dr Seth is going to look into it further.
    I will keep you posted on our results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads