Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I found this on Ftse yesterday and was wondering if anyone can tell me what it looks like.

It is on his elbow just about on the tip of it.

Tues 13 May 14 015.jpg

I have no hesitation in taking Ftse to the vets but thought I would get the expert advice here first as my vet does not believe in yeast outbreaks, dislikes of foods etc and food allergies which I do know exists.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Anywhere else on him? Looks like very dry skin... is it flaky?

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Anywhere else on him? Looks like very dry skin... is it flaky?

Christine that is the only place it looks a bit flaky but its not and I have not noticed it before yesterday afternoon maybe I'm just not checking him enough but I rub him down each night with my hands and yesterday was the first time I noticed it. I was worried it was Mange or something

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Christine that is the only place it looks a bit flaky but its not and I have not noticed it before yesterday afternoon maybe I'm just not checking him enough but I rub him down each night with my hands and yesterday was the first time I noticed it. I was worried it was Mange or something

That is what I was thinking.... mange since there is hair loss. i tagged Lisa maybe she will know... I can't remember who else has experience with it

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That is what I was thinking.... mange since there is hair loss. i tagged Lisa maybe she will know... I can't remember who else has experience with it

I tagged Lokismom as she has just been through this with Loki, what causes Mange and how is it treated?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I tagged Lokismom as she has just been through this with Loki, what causes Mange and how is it treated?

All dogs have mites, but when the immune system is compromised (weak) the mites can take over and you get mange.

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
All dogs have mites, but when the immune system is compromised (weak) the mites can take over and you get mange.

Don't they have to be sick for the immune system to be weak

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
It could be demodectic mange here is a picture of Lola's spot on her cheek it showed up almost over nightScreenshot_2014-05-12-21-18-22.jpg she is on ivermectin .02 ml for 7 days, .05 ml for days 8-14, 1.0 ml for days 15-21. We have to go back in on day 18 ish for a recheck

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
That doesn't look like mange to me..usually the skin is red/pink and sometimes bumpy and he would be itchy with a spot that size..when I brought Romeo home As a puppy he had bumps on his head before he started with the patches but the patches were from scratching

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Gosh that looks a little strange, I am thinking mange, but it could just be allergies/dermatitis. It just doesn't look like it has a rash under it though. Certainly not a hot spot. Since it's not very round probably not ringworm. Best bet is to get a skin scrape done to rule out mange. If it's not mange than any topical antifungal/antibacterial should take care of it. I prefer to treat from outside in as much as possible. Probably panalog or malacetic otic ultra 2x a day on it, if it's not mange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I don't have any experience with this, but agree with others and Lisa, that this doesn't look like mange, it's not red, doesn't look irritated or infected. I'm wondering if its something as simple as him lying on his elbows, and causing rubbing, and the fur to rub off? It looks like a very localized area. I would keep an eye on it, could be the start allergy symptoms? The vet will be able to confirm. I hope it's nothing serious, and it clears up. Please keep us posted.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Julie, I just saw this… I'm confused as well?!! Bella used to get ringworm constantly, and it doesn't look like that. I guess it's best to have the vet do a scrape to be sure...

Members online

No members online now.