Sometimes when it rains, it pours - Frank limping

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank has been doing so well and getting so much better. He hasn't had any breathing issues or coughing in the last week and has been good about relaxing in his bed. Yesterday, my husband and I went out to do some quick errands and when we got back, we noticed Frank was limping badly. He was barely standing on his right hind leg. I felt it a bit carefully and he didn't seem to mind at all. I tried moving it and he didn't mind. But when I felt his toes, they felt different than the ones on his other back leg. Looser and more flexible. So I am worried that he might have broken his toes or something like that. We got a new chair that he loves and I am worried he tried to jump in it while we were gone and maybe slipped.

The one thing that kept me from being worried to the point of emergency vet is that he doesn't seem to be in pain. He had a strain in his front leg when he was 1 from too much jumping and when he hurt it, he made this awful sound. For this, he is not making any sounds of pain. Luckily, we already had a vet appointment for recheck this morning for xrays so I am just going to ask them to look at his leg there.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor you....he's not in pain...it's you who worries and is in pain, I would be too. Hope it's nothing.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
hope it's nothing serious - keep us posted!

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Poor Frank😞 Fingers crosses for him. He's been through enough already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I hope its just a strain….Lola was limping pretty badly for over a month and finally it just healed…there was nothing we could do but try and keep her from overusing it. I hope he's able to put some weight on it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah, nuts! I hope it is just from him sleeping too much and his muscle is stiff :pray:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Hope all is well with Frank. I tell you, I have never had a dog that I worried about things happening to as much as I have with Raven.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Gosh I'm so sorry… you guys can't seem to catch a break lately :( Walter has been limping too, and luckily it was just a sprain. I hope that Frank is the same… keep us posted on what the vet says!!!

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Back from the vet - lung xrays look good so they are happy about that. Everything with his breathing is fine. Yay! However, his leg is not great news: he tore his anterior cruciate ligament. They are going to try to treat it with medicine first as much as possible to avoid any surgery. They sent us home with a non-steroidal anti inflammatory and some pain medicine. Poor guy, just can't seem to catch a break right now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Back from the vet - lung xrays look good so they are happy about that. Everything with his breathing is fine. Yay! However, his leg is not great news: he tore his anterior cruciate ligament. They are going to try to treat it with medicine first as much as possible to avoid any surgery. They sent us home with a non-steroidal anti inflammatory and some pain medicine. Poor guy, just can't seem to catch a break right now.

NUTS!!!! Keep him crated or confine him to a room where he can not jump or do steps. less activity the better.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Poor Frank and y'all too :( This happened to Cami 3 months ago.
Same treatment too, I did not let her run (leashed her going potty,
no chicken poo dance, no jumping on/off furniture completely. Took
TWO full months before no limping. Hang in there~Hugs!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this… poor Frank!!! I'm praying that it heals soon, and you won't have to deal w/surgery...

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.