what should I expect with my bullies first heat.

Crystal Busse

May 7, 2014
I know EB usually go into heat pretty early. My dog is 11 months old. And whole bathing her i noticed she is very swollen. So I know what's coming. What I don't know is what to expect as far as her attitude changes and health changes. My dog has never been one to mess in her kennel and she has gone more one and two twice since I have noticed her being swollen. Is this normal or even common with going into her first heat? Please help!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello! Had she had a discharge? they don't usually swell until they have been in heat for a week or so. The females I have had that were not spayed really didn't have a change of attitude.They did swell quite a bit, and had a bloody discharge. They did hump each other alot, while one of them was in heat. It seemed that they had to pee a little more than usual, no changes in their health.
It didn't affect their pooping at all. But, of course all dogs-like people are different.Eleven months is not early,going in heat.
If she IS in heat-do not let her outside alone. You would be surprised to see how male dogs can find a way to get to her!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I can tell you how our Bella would act, but I would imagine that each doggie is different. She would become very red & swollen down there and have a bloody discharge. Some days bright red, sometimes brown… you will need to get her pads and one of those diaper cover. I've seen some people actually use shorts, I just bought the washable ones at PetSmart. Heat cycles vary, but it seems like Bella would go on for several weeks… she also was very sleepy and bitchy at this time :stinkeye: We would just leave her alone… LOL This is VERY important… do NOT allow her outside ALONE to potty or anything!!! Males will travel miles to find a bitch in heat, and that is something you DON'T want to deal with. She must be watched constantly outside. Sometimes her stools would be loose too...

OP
Crystal Busse

Crystal Busse

May 7, 2014
Thank ya'll.... the problem is she is very swollen and I see no discharge or blood. Ive even wiped her with baby wiped a few times dince ive notice the swelling and seen nothing. The swelling has only been there a few days. This is the third day.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank ya'll.... the problem is she is very swollen and I see no discharge or blood. Ive even wiped her with baby wiped a few times dince ive notice the swelling and seen nothing. The swelling has only been there a few days. This is the third day.

I'm sure it's on it's way… it could be awhile!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Should have seen a discharge before the swelling. Sometimes they will have a light cycle sometimes and not have much of a discharge.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.