Thread: Eye issue?

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member tyree213's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gilbert,Scarlet, Tyra, & Kevin
    Likes (Received)

Default Eye issue?

-eye-jpg

-eyelid-jpg

So I have a new puppy. After having her examined she was found to have stenotic nares...After about a week and a half of me harrasing the breeder and filing all kind of complaints they have agreed to pay for the surgery. I noticed that her bottom eyelids are a little droopy and red. I hope this is not Ectropion?? I noticed in their health guarantee the only thing that was excluded was cherry eye and eye lid surgeries. (I later realized this was odd) Im now starting to wonder if they knowingly have this issue in their bloodlines..

Can someone please help me shed some light here. Thanks.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Eye issue?

Goodness she is adorable! I have no experience with the eye issues you refer to but I will tag a few members that do and they might be able to give some insight
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

When you had the nares looked at did the vet say anything about the eyes? She is a doll.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    When you had the nares looked at did the vet say anything about the eyes? She is a doll.
    No just said to use eye drops but I think he was rushing to get to another surgery appt. They just don't look right to me.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tyree213 View Post
    No just said to use eye drops but I think he was rushing to get to another surgery appt. They just don't look right to me.
    I agree they don't look right, I don't know if it's Entropian though. I would take him to see a different vet because it does seem really odd and strange that the breeder would put that on the contract like that.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Cute little pup. I would just watch the eye for a few days to see if it gets worse, if it does, it may just be an infection. Some will droop more than others and that is normal. If it were Entropian, the eye would be watering a lot and they would be blinking the eye a lot.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Cute little pup. I would just watch the eye for a few days to see if it gets worse, if it does, it may just be an infection. Some will droop more than others and that is normal. If it were Entropian, the eye would be watering a lot and they would be blinking the eye a lot.

Ok thanks for the info. It doesn't seem to bother her no excessive blinking or rubbing.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I don't have any experience with Entropian, but my female Blossom developed cherry eye when she was 5 months old. It doesn't look like cherry eye to me, because cherry eye usually develops in the corner of the eye, and it usually looks like a little blob or mass in the corner of the eye. Her eyes look like they are just a little droopy, I don't see any red blobs in her eyes. They both look the same as well, which makes me believe its just normal droopy eyes and not cherry eye or Entropian, although I don't know what Entrpian looks like. I do know that both conditions cause watery eyes, sometimes a discharge from the eyes, or irritation. If she doesn't have any of these I'm sure she is okay. If she does or if you are worried or have doubt, then a visit to your vet just to check her eyes, and give you peace of mind would be a good idea. Good luck, I hope it's nothing serious and just normal droopy eyes. Please keep us posted.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

This is my four year old English Bulldog. He has droopy eyes when he gets sleepy and/or drowsy. We have been blessed that he has not had the cherry eye. Although his mother has had cherry eye before, drops were given by the vet and she did get better. Sometimes my four year old English Bulldogs bottom kids will droop even heavier. We tell him that his face is about to melt off.
    I wish you and your sweet baby the best of health. Keep us posted on your results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It doesn't look like cherry eye to me either. A little droopy, and irritated maybe, but that's it.

Like others have said, just keep an eye on him.

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

Rocco has the same issue. Always been that way. A few months ago one looked more irritated than usual so I took him to the vet. The vet gave me drops and said it was conjunctivitis. It cleared up after that but they always look a little red. Doesn't seem to bother him and doesn't get any worse. I'm sure your pup is fine

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It doesn't look like Cherry eye to me either Ftse had this as a puppy but I don't know anything about the other eye issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads