General Question Puppy weight

Kirstinator

May 2, 2014
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Quincy
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this site and a new owner of a beautiful British bulldog male puppy called Quincy. He is 3 months old and currently weighs 9.7 kg's (21 pounds). I'm wondering if this is too big? He has gained around 1.6 kg's (3.5 pounds) since we picked him up at 9 weeks of age. I can feel but not see his ribs so I figure he's healthy and maybe just a big boy. How much did your bulldogs weigh at 3 months?
Thanks heaps!

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
When we got Leon he was 8.8 kg at 12 weeks old, I don't think it's to big all bulldogs are different just keep a eye on his weight making sure he first get to over weight.
Leon at 11 weeks old...
asegy4a3.jpg

se8yhasa.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: and :welcome3: to EBN!!

He sounds good, as long as you do not see the ribs... remember they are all different and grow at different rates. Can you post a picture of your boy?

I also tagged some of our other Aussie members, maybe you live near one and can do a meet up for a play date

Jocha25

Feb 28, 2014
Mine is 11kg at 12 week. The vet said he has a little extra padding but nothing to worry about, he said it's his stocky build :0)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:hiya: and :welcome: to EBN, where abouts are you in Australia? I am in SE Qld we also have Andrea @Bazza she is from Victoria.

Ftse was 8.75kg at 15 weeks of age, but Ftse is a not a big Bulldog

OP
K

Kirstinator

May 2, 2014
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Quincy
Thanks for all your replies! I feel better about Quincy's weight now. Phew! Here are some pics of him taken at 10 weeks. I'll add more soon. All your dogs look great by the way. Also I'm in Melbourne. :)
IMG_1056.jpg IMG_1048.jpg

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
:welcome: Hi [MENTION=11766]Kirstinator[/MENTION] welcome to EBN news, so much great infor here. I agree with the above comments, they come in all shapes and sizes and grow at different rates, can't recall what Bazza weighed at 3 mths. Love the photos of Quincy he is beautiful boy, those wrinkles and those big paws !! I am from Melbourne.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
He looks absolutely perfect to me. As long as you can feel his ribs and can't see them, and your vet feels he's okay, I wouldn't worry too much about his weight at this stage. He's still a puppy and so will be very active and will be going through a lot of growing, so he will burn it off. It's more important to make sure he's getting a good quality puppy formula dog food that will support the rapid growth and development of a puppy. We fed our guys 1 cup of puppy kibble 3 times a day until they were 7 months old, and then we switched them to an adult formula and reduced their feedings to 1 cup of kibble 2 times a day.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
My guy was about the same weight at 12 weeks and gained about 1.5-2.4 kg a week for the first 5 months. He's a big boy now and needs to lose about 2.4 kg to be standard weight but he's only 10 months he's starting to thin out so we think it will happen naturally.

I posted this picture on another thread here but here is my boy with my husband taken about 2 wks ago. He is weighing in at about 31 KG

avenevy3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.