Update - Scrolled Cartilage surgery on Bocephus

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Thank you all for your support through this LOOOONNNNGGGG process.

Bocephus had his post op appointment this morning for his scrolled cartilage surgery. The right eye looks fantastic and will have no further issues. The left eye did not "take". He will need to go back in for another surgery. :( My poor baby. I'm going to wait a month just to give him a damn break from surgery (he's had two in 6 weeks).

The next surgery will be a reduction of the third eyelid. They will go in and tack it down (the first attempt was the pocket technique). This will probably cause residual effects down the road and he will need eye drops.

I just feel so bad for him that he will need to go under again, my poor boy.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Awe, I'm so sorry he has to go back in. Poor Bo, happy the other eye is all better. Hugs to both of you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Damn,,, sorry it did not take!! Hugs to your little man and keep us posted on the surgery

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Just read this..sorry he has to,go back in for another...praying he's ok!

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Just read this..sorry he has to,go back in for another...praying he's ok!
Thank you all so much. I want to post a lot about the procedure so if someone goes through this in the future they know a little what to expect.

I am so disappointed the surgery for his left eye didn't take. I was just reading another post about a poor bully that is being mistreated and their medical issues are not being addressed so I am thrilled that God brought Bocephus to me. I will do everything I can to get him through these eye issues so he can be a happy healthy bulldog.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Arghhhh...so damned sorry to hear this, Kori...poor Bo :(

Will keep y'all in prayers for successful, quick surgery and
complete & fast recovery. Sending hugs n kisses to y'all <3

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arghhhh...so damned sorry to hear this, Kori...poor Bo :(

Will keep y'all in prayers for successful, quick surgery and
complete & fast recovery. Sending hugs n kisses to y'all <3
Thank you sooooo much. I'm going to give him a month off from vet visits and surgery. He is terrified to even go near the car right now. I don't blame the poor guy. Late in May or early June, I'll get him back in there and hopefully he will be all good afterwards.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
:(:(:( sorry to hear the left eye didn't take and owww my heart goes to the two of you, especially Bocephus :(. poor little guy. please give a big tight squeeze for me. speedy recovery little guy and hopefully he also forgets what he just went through in a month. hugs to you and the handsome boy.

Most Reactions

Members online