I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: need some advice re: our 1st bull dog is 10 and in failing health

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    My heart breaks reading your post, it is such a hard decision. Sending prayers to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i echo what's been said. It must be heart breaking for you and your family

a dog turns any house into a home.

J x

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I'm so sorry you are going through this with your baby, and are facing having to make the heart wrenching decision of when is the right time to let him go. When my Jack Russell Oreo who was 14 years old, was diagnosed with cancer, we faced those decisions too. My son didn't want to let her go, and after talking to my vet, she said it would come down to her quality of life, and if she was in pain. She said she could live with cancer just like people can, and you can manage symptoms with medications. She was still eating, pooping, she didn't play as much, she slept more than she had before, but loved her cuddles and love. In the end she passed away in her sleep at home, and we didn't have to make the decision to put her down. I was very close to making that decision, because she couldn't walk down the stairs of the front door anymore to go potty, and she started to have accidents in the house. The vet said these were signs that her quality of life was no longer good. If she couldn't go for walks, or play, slept all day, had accidents, and could not potty outside anymore, then she wasn't enjoying her life as a dog. It is the hardest decision you'll have to make, and is heart breaking, but we are the only ones who can make this decision for them, and they count on us to do this for them. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and I hope you are able to find a way with your vet to keep her comfortable until you have to make a decision.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koozer
    Likes (Received)

I am in tears reading about your situation...our pets really become members of the family and hold our hearts. I cannot help you with any advice, I just want to express my love and support to you, your family, and your ailing baby. Good luck!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Guv'na
    Likes (Received)

Sad to announce that our beloved Guv'na passed away a couple of weeks ago...it has taken a toll on us and we miss him terribly....I have lost other dogs in my life and have been able to come to terms with their passing, but this one is taking longer to come to terms with.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pogomom View Post
    Sad to announce that our beloved Guv'na passed away a couple of weeks ago...it has taken a toll on us and we miss him terribly....I have lost other dogs in my life and have been able to come to terms with their passing, but this one is taking longer to come to terms with.
    I'm so sorry. Please take your time to grieve. Guv'na was your baby. Always know he will be forever in your heart. We're here for you during this very difficult time.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pogomom View Post
    EBNers understand your grief and the depth of it too. These bullies really
    are so human that I do think their deaths are harder on us and harder to
    get over. Take your time and mourn your Sir Guv'na, come here and talk
    to us whenever you need to~GOD bless y'all and fill your hearts with peace.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads