ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We noticed today that Wally is limping on his back legā€¦ He was playing outside yesterday, and Roxie mowed him over a few times w/her crazy boxer self. Seemed fine last night, but this morning he won't put his weight on his back leg. We checked it, and moved it around to see if he was in painā€¦ he hasn't made a sound. He's been pretty sleepy todayā€¦ maybe got worn out from yesterday?!!

Is this anything to worry about, or should I give him a couple of days?!! Sorry I'm a worry wartā€¦ :unsure:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Re: Walter is limpingā€¦

Tracey Ftse has a had a limp before and I rushed him to the vets which I really did not need to as it was nothing but a like a sprain and he was fine the next day but I am not saying that's what is wrong with Walter. I do so hope it is nothing and just a sprain from playing hard with Roxie

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

Hi Tracey, poor baby, he probably sprained or over exerted himself, when he was playing with Roxie, you mentioned she bowled him over during play, and she is a boxer, so would be pretty big and heavy compared to him. He probably had his leg sprained or twisted and just needs a few days of rest. He doesn't seem to be in pain, he's not yelping, and if he will let you touch and move his leg without any sign of pain, then he's probably okay, and just favouring it. I would watch him for the next few days, and try and keep him a little quiet, no jumping, running, etc. and see how he does. If he continues to limp, or if he shows any signs of being in pain, then I would take him to the vet and have him check it out. When I first brought Dozer home, we were outside with our neighbours and they were playing on the grass with the puppies. I picked him up to bring him inside, and bent down to get Blossom, Dozer was excited to get down with his sister, and he jumped out of my arms and fell on the grass, he didn't fall far, as I was bent down, but he landed on his back leg and foot. He yelped and cried so loud, and all my neighbours came running. I felt so bad for dropping him, and he wouldn't walk on his foot. I called the emergency vet because it was in the evening and my vet was closed, they said it wasn't an emergency, and it could wait until morning when we could go to our own vet. She checked his leg and foot, and crated it, nothing was broken, she called it a soft tissue injury and gave him an anti inflammatory, some pain meds, and said to keep him quiet for a couple of days. It took 4 days to heal, and then he was able to walk on it again. Just keep an eye on him, and take him to the vet tomorrow or the next day if he seems to be worse or in pain. I'm sure he'll be fine. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION] [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]

Thanks for your adviceā€¦ I think he just sprained it, and I'm gonna keep an eye on him. Roxie gets excited outside sometimes, and she was jumping over him. Unless something happened in the house yesterday and I didn't see it. I will let you guys know how he is tomorrow ;)

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)

Sometimes when they play so hard with "the big boys" they just push themselves too hard. Bocephus did the same thing a few weeks ago. I gave him a little rub and a baby aspirin and the next morning he was good as ever. I'm praying that Walter jumps up in the morning to greet his new Mommy!!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I did manage to pick him up a few things at PetSmart todayā€¦ can anyone say super spoiled?!! LOL

10301060_10152323970063548_2883400444268664977_n.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

Hi Tracey I see you bought a lot of soft toys or stuffies, and those balls look really small. Please be really careful and watch him, and supervise him with those new toys, especially since he's young and will be chewing, but you also want to make sure your guy isn't a bully that chews and swallows these things. I would be very leery and scared of giving him the soft toys, and the balls look small, I would stick with a ball that's bigger than his mouth, and ones that are hard like a Kong ball. They can chew these things so quickly and swallow them, my guys can only have Kong toys, and nothing smaller than their mouth, and no stuffies. I am maybe a little scared and paranoid about obstruction and choking on small toys.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza

We noticed today that Wally is limping on his back legā€¦ He was playing outside yesterday, and Roxie mowed him over a few times w/her crazy boxer self. Seemed fine last night, but this morning he won't put his weight on his back leg. We checked it, and moved it around to see if he was in painā€¦ he hasn't made a sound. He's been pretty sleepy todayā€¦ maybe got worn out from yesterday?!!

Is this anything to worry about, or should I give him a couple of days?!! Sorry I'm a worry wartā€¦ :unsure:

Oh Tracey, let us know he how goes I am sure its just as everyone else has said. xx

I did manage to pick him up a few things at PetSmart todayā€¦ can anyone say super spoiled?!! LOL

View attachment 70217

Walter is one lucky boy !!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

View attachment 70217

it is a nice start, but the question is --- how long will they last??? :giggle:

I agree, probably just a sprain or muscle pull from romping with Roxie --- how is he this morning?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22

How's he doing this morning?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Mia Amore

Apr 28, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia

Hope all is well with him today. Hopefully the toys will help him feel better & forget about it for a little.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Hey guysā€¦ Wally is doing great this morning, his limp is almost completely gone!!! :w00t: In fact he was chewing on the stone fireplace this morning, so I know he's feeling much better :blink: I'm going to keep a closer eye on him today, he seems to have trouble navigating the wood floors for some reason. His paws are so dang big, he needs to grow into those bad boysā€¦ LOL I may have to get some scatter rugs so when he tears thru the house he won't slideā€¦ of course I'm sure he will pee on a few. Ugh...

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online