EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Walter is limping...

We noticed today that Wally is limping on his back leg… He was playing outside yesterday, and Roxie mowed him over a few times w/her crazy boxer self. Seemed fine last night, but this morning he won't put his weight on his back leg. We checked it, and moved it around to see if he was in pain… he hasn't made a sound. He's been pretty sleepy today… maybe got worn out from yesterday?!!

Is this anything to worry about, or should I give him a couple of days?!! Sorry I'm a worry wart…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Walter is limping…

Tracey Ftse has a had a limp before and I rushed him to the vets which I really did not need to as it was nothing but a like a sprain and he was fine the next day but I am not saying that's what is wrong with Walter. I do so hope it is nothing and just a sprain from playing hard with Roxie

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi Tracey, poor baby, he probably sprained or over exerted himself, when he was playing with Roxie, you mentioned she bowled him over during play, and she is a boxer, so would be pretty big and heavy compared to him. He probably had his leg sprained or twisted and just needs a few days of rest. He doesn't seem to be in pain, he's not yelping, and if he will let you touch and move his leg without any sign of pain, then he's probably okay, and just favouring it. I would watch him for the next few days, and try and keep him a little quiet, no jumping, running, etc. and see how he does. If he continues to limp, or if he shows any signs of being in pain, then I would take him to the vet and have him check it out. When I first brought Dozer home, we were outside with our neighbours and they were playing on the grass with the puppies. I picked him up to bring him inside, and bent down to get Blossom, Dozer was excited to get down with his sister, and he jumped out of my arms and fell on the grass, he didn't fall far, as I was bent down, but he landed on his back leg and foot. He yelped and cried so loud, and all my neighbours came running. I felt so bad for dropping him, and he wouldn't walk on his foot. I called the emergency vet because it was in the evening and my vet was closed, they said it wasn't an emergency, and it could wait until morning when we could go to our own vet. She checked his leg and foot, and crated it, nothing was broken, she called it a soft tissue injury and gave him an anti inflammatory, some pain meds, and said to keep him quiet for a couple of days. It took 4 days to heal, and then he was able to walk on it again. Just keep an eye on him, and take him to the vet tomorrow or the next day if he seems to be worse or in pain. I'm sure he'll be fine. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@Ftse 100 @Vikinggirl

Thanks for your advice… I think he just sprained it, and I'm gonna keep an eye on him. Roxie gets excited outside sometimes, and she was jumping over him. Unless something happened in the house yesterday and I didn't see it. I will let you guys know how he is tomorrow

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Sometimes when they play so hard with "the big boys" they just push themselves too hard. Bocephus did the same thing a few weeks ago. I gave him a little rub and a baby aspirin and the next morning he was good as ever. I'm praying that Walter jumps up in the morning to greet his new Mommy!!!!
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I did manage to pick him up a few things at PetSmart today… can anyone say super spoiled?!! LOL

-10301060_10152323970063548_2883400444268664977_n-jpg

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    can anyone say super spoiled?!!
    And he deserves it! Lol he is not called "Sir Walter"for nothing

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi Tracey I see you bought a lot of soft toys or stuffies, and those balls look really small. Please be really careful and watch him, and supervise him with those new toys, especially since he's young and will be chewing, but you also want to make sure your guy isn't a bully that chews and swallows these things. I would be very leery and scared of giving him the soft toys, and the balls look small, I would stick with a ball that's bigger than his mouth, and ones that are hard like a Kong ball. They can chew these things so quickly and swallow them, my guys can only have Kong toys, and nothing smaller than their mouth, and no stuffies. I am maybe a little scared and paranoid about obstruction and choking on small toys.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)

We noticed today that Wally is limping on his back leg… He was playing outside yesterday, and Roxie mowed him over a few times w/her crazy boxer self. Seemed fine last night, but this morning he won't put his weight on his back leg. We checked it, and moved it around to see if he was in pain… he hasn't made a sound. He's been pretty sleepy today… maybe got worn out from yesterday?!!

Is this anything to worry about, or should I give him a couple of days?!! Sorry I'm a worry wart…
    Oh Tracey, let us know he how goes I am sure its just as everyone else has said. xx

I did manage to pick him up a few things at PetSmart today… can anyone say super spoiled?!! LOL

Walter is one lucky boy !!!
    I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

it is a nice start, but the question is --- how long will they last???

I agree, probably just a sprain or muscle pull from romping with Roxie --- how is he this morning?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Just checking in, how is Walters leg this morning?

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

How's he doing this morning?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads