Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 35 of 35

Thread: Walter is limping...

  1. #25
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,198
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2732

    Default Re: Walter is limping…

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Thanks Phil… I'm becoming a worry wart… my poor baby!!!

    Honey...its warranted in your case

    These babies get inside our hearts so quickly & so absolutely,
    it's a mystery to me as why it's a different love than with my other
    animal companions but it is, a more compelling relationship & closer.

    Try to keep him quieter for a week to rest that muscle (yeah, RIGHT!).

    Love y'all <3


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  2. #26
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Walter is limping…

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Thanks Phil… I'm becoming a worry wart… my poor baby!!!
    Sometimes I wonder how we as bully parents can't help but be worry warts! We all have to stick together I guess.

  3. #27
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Chumley's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Patchogue, NY
    Posts
    4,762
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)
    1211

    Default Re: Walter is limping…

    This happens to chum every now and then and goes away in a few dats..it's a good sign he wasn't limping this morning and whatever he pulled or strained was re aggravated..I guess there no way to keep a puppy from running around...unless you crate him awhile?

  4. #28
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,722
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5562

    Default Re: Walter is limping…

    Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    This happens to chum every now and then and goes away in a few dats..it's a good sign he wasn't limping this morning and whatever he pulled or strained was re aggravated..I guess there no way to keep a puppy from running around...unless you crate him awhile?
    I'm going to have to crate him tomorrow, and give it some rest… I will be at a wine festival all day so Grandma & Lily are in charge!!! LOL

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  5. #29
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,636
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default Re: Walter is limping…

    Aww sorry to read he had a relapse, it's probably strained and he rested it overnight so the morning he wasn't limping, but walking on it again aggravated it. He needs to rest it for 3 or 4 days, which is a hard thing to do with an active puppy. You can crate him or maybe gate him off temporarily in the kitchen or other room where he can't run with Roxie, or jump up or down stairs or furniture. Continue to keep a eye on him, but he should be okay in a few days. Hope he feels better soon.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  6. #30
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,722
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5562

    Default Re: Walter is limping…

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Aww sorry to read he had a relapse, it's probably strained and he rested it overnight so the morning he wasn't limping, but walking on it again aggravated it. He needs to rest it for 3 or 4 days, which is a hard thing to do with an active puppy. You can crate him or maybe gate him off temporarily in the kitchen or other room where he can't run with Roxie, or jump up or down stairs or furniture. Continue to keep a eye on him, but he should be okay in a few days. Hope he feels better soon.
    Thanks Monica, he was still limping this morning. I'm heading to a wine festival w/friends today of course… ugh! My MIL and Lily are in charge of him today, so I made a nice pen area for him w/pee pad, water, his bed and toys. Hopefully he will just rest, and they will take my instructions seriously.

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  7. #31
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Walter is limping…

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Thanks Monica, he was still limping this morning. I'm heading to a wine festival w/friends today of course… ugh! My MIL and Lily are in charge of him today, so I made a nice pen area for him w/pee pad, water, his bed and toys. Hopefully he will just rest, and they will take my instructions seriously.

    I'm sure he'll get plenty of rest. Have fun!!!

  8. #32
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,722
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5562

    Default Re: Walter is limping…

    Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    I'm sure he'll get plenty of rest. Have fun!!!
    OHHhhh I plan on it!!! WOO HOO!!! We have a blast every year...

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  9. #33
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Walter is limping…

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    OHHhhh I plan on it!!! WOO HOO!!! We have a blast every year...

  10. #34
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Location
    The Crown City (Pasadena)
    Posts
    9,013
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    1479
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: Walter is limping…

    I'm slowly catching up with posts and am starting at the beginning of May......I'm glad to hear that Wally is okay, and how was the wine festival?! or can you not remember anything?




  11. #35
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,722
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5562

    Default Re: Walter is limping…

    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    I'm slowly catching up with posts and am starting at the beginning of May......I'm glad to hear that Wally is okay, and how was the wine festival?! or can you not remember anything?
    Oh it was awesome Henny!!! We had a blast, but I got sunburned on my shoulders. I'm usually really GOOD about sunscreen, but I guess I wasn't thinking about it. Too excited about trying all those NEW wines… LOL

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •