General Question Rattling nose when breathing

Kimmieq

Feb 6, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fletcher
My 16 wk old Fletcher has periodic rattling noises when breathing. It seems to occur more often at night or early morning hours. Could this just be phlegm? He also gets a snotty nose sometimes. He sounds like he needs to clear his throat really bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, it could be phlegm, but at his age I would not chance it.... Have a vet check him to make sure it is not the start of anything serious....like Pneumonia ?
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION]. [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION]

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It could be phlegm build up, allergies or the beginning of an infection that if it isn't treated it could turn in to pneumonia. What color is the discharge coming out of his nose? Our vet showed us a little trick to check. Use a white paper towel folded over or a piece of gauze if you have it handy and wipe his nose. Look at it closely in a room with good lighting. If it is clear it is most likely phlegm build up from allergies. If it has even the slightest greenish tint to it a trip to the vet is in the cards as an infection is starting to set in.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree I wouldn't mess around with this because he's so young. I would have the vet take a look at him just to rule out anything serious.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.