Help Needed! My dog's ears smell like vinegar

LifeWithLulu

Mar 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Princes Lulu (RIP 4/2/14) & Lucinda Mahoney aka Lucy
I gave my Lucy a bath on Saturday being careful not to wet her ears. I use a moist cloth to wipe down the inside of her ears and never use a q-tip. She does not have any discharge or dirt that I can see. It's a very strong vinegar like smell and one of them smells more than the other. She has an appointment on Saturday with her vet. Does anyone suggest maybe some sort of ear wash or should I just wait for the vet? I really do not want to give her anymore antibiotics than what she has already taken. Could it be yeast?

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
hmmm i can only say it may possibly be a yeast issue occuring. i know that gives off a very strong fowl smell. give her some yogurt, 2 tablespoons a day and wipe her with some chlorhexidine I think you can get that at walmart or a rite aid. if you cant find that then wipe it with apple cider vinegar (organic is best) and dilute with water. I think its 2 parts water and 1 part vinegar. however if its yeast it wont clear up right away so you wont know really until you get to your vet for him to confirm but you can always stay on the safe side and treat it now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You can rinse with witch hazel, squirt a little in and let her shake it out

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.