Help Needed! came home to a bleeding tail!

Rubette16

Apr 28, 2014
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell
Hello all! brand new to this site and I am so excited to mingle with others that have "bully love"! I cam home today to my little girl having a bleeding tail. we don't normally have any issues with her tail, although she is a butt spinner. We had some severe storms today that included some thunder and lightening which makes her nervous. is it possible that she spun around so much out of anxiety that she rubbed herself raw? the hair around her tail seems to be gone and there was crusted blood all around. it is after hours for us to go to the vet, so i used a baby wipe to clean her up but not sure if there was anything I could put on her in the mean time before I can get her to the vet. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wash it with peroxide and clear the area of any additional hair... Then put some neosporian on it.

also, check her tail pocket make sure it is clean since you said she is a 'spinner'. Could be an infection under there

:welcome3:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi and welcome. It's most likely that she did either spin on her tail, or even chewed on it due to being frightened from the storm, poor baby. She will probably be fine with you cleaning it, and you can put some Polysporin on the area to help it heal.

Members online

No members online now.