Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Health confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Roseann View Post
    @Ftse 100 and all of my friends here. Not offended at all. I was humored. Typed words never seem to have the smiles attached that they deserve. I thought of me on the kids about things and laughed. I love this group and the different personalities attached. I don't get offended easily, but sometimes my humor is a little off. I love all of you for replying and for being as crazy about your fur babes as I am.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

When we got Ruthie, knowing she was a puppy mill dog and abused, we knew there was a possibility of health issues. It wasn't even a question when we got her and then 2 years later she started having seizures and is on phenobarbital....now she has dry eye along with a few other issues. We don't have it nearly as bad as some other bully parents, but, hey...she's our baby and she is gonna get sick. We said in the vet yesterday once we learned about her dry eye...not an ounce of us would give her back even knowing the problems we have with her. Even with Ruthie's health issues, we adopted another named Brutus. He's super healthy now, but down the road...maybe not. All that matters is what we do with the time that we have them!!!

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

There are quite a few healthy bulldogs and there are some with multiple issues. One has to do the best one can and research the line and if the breeder has health certs and OFA cerfs to back up the sire and dam then that's a plus too. Any dog breed can injure themselves or get sick but EB's are notorious for health issues but as I mentioned some are quite healthy. Bulldogs are pretty high maintenance compared to some breeds and all the preventative care one can grant pays off but I have noticed that some, because bulldogs are so winsome and we get so attached and knowing the possible issues that some people get paranoid and almost to a point get too worked up about some things that may be normal ebb and flow. Give your bully plenty of love and attention and tend to its basic health needs and maintenance and the rest you have to deal with it when or if an issue arises. Concern is responsible, worry is unproductive as we all know, but I worry too if that is any consolation. I think it comes with the territory somewhat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads