pet insurance

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Just a little curious, on how many of you have pet insurance for your bully's, and which company do you use? Why did you choose that one?

I have 24petwatch for bentley - I picked this one based on the fact that it covers all hereditary issues and it's an awesome price for all that it covers. Also with speaking with the company 99.9% of the time if need be they cover the cost after the max limit.
https://www.24petwatch.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 173

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
A lot of people have it and a lot of people don't. Personally we have Trupanion and have had good luck so far. We chose them as they pay 90% after our $200 deductable. However, many others have used the same company and had nothing but issues. Insurance for bullies is better if purchased when they are still very young pups being that most ins companies have waiting periods and preexisting limitations to the point where a simple mention of a concern in your pups record will be considered a preexisting issue that will not be covered as many people here have sadly found out the hard way about in a time of need.

If you do anything for an older pup, adult or senior bully you are better off with either a savings account, seperate credit card or Care Credit being that the older they are when you sign up the less most insurance companies will cover. All in all insurance is hit or miss. Some will have great luck like we have had and others will not.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I have Embrace Pet insurance and have been very happy with it. I agree with Todd completely, I got Bocephus on the policy within a week of getting him. The younger the better so that "pre existing" conditions don't get blamed for everything. My policy pays 80% after my $500 deductible and I have already been reimbursed WAY MORE than what I've paid in.

Apr 19, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho and Lola
Hi there, I purchased Trupanion within weeks of getting my Chancho. He recently developed allergies and my claim was denied due to pre-existing conditions! When he had his initial vet visit, we were versed on regular bulldog hygiene routine and told he was perfect. Then when I put my claim through, the vet notes made mention of an abnormality with screw tails, which my dog doesn't have! Trupanion considered that a symptom of a pre-existing condition. I am a first time pet owner and mentioned every little thing to the vet tech and it's all written down. They will look at every note to claim it is pre-existing, to decline. My suggestion us to review your vet notes so far before taking out a policy, as the last thing you want is to have a declination based on notes that are simply that, notes- not pre-existing conditions. I am now taking this up with my ex vet and cancelling my Trupanion policy and will use my savings account because that's exactly what is happening now anyways since none of my allergy testing will be covered.

OP
msericathatcher

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Hi there, I purchased Trupanion within weeks of getting my Chancho. He recently developed allergies and my claim was denied due to pre-existing conditions! When he had his initial vet visit, we were versed on regular bulldog hygiene routine and told he was perfect. Then when I put my claim through, the vet notes made mention of an abnormality with screw tails, which my dog doesn't have! Trupanion considered that a symptom of a pre-existing condition. I am a first time pet owner and mentioned every little thing to the vet tech and it's all written down. They will look at every note to claim it is pre-existing, to decline. My suggestion us to review your vet notes so far before taking out a policy, as the last thing you want is to have a declination based on notes that are simply that, notes- not pre-existing conditions. I am now taking this up with my ex vet and cancelling my Trupanion policy and will use my savings account because that's exactly what is happening now anyways since none of my allergy testing will be covered.

can i just I just say that you are the 5th person I have heard pretty much the exact same story about trupanion - the last one I spoke to is sitting on a 10k bill and they wrote him a check for $3.83. In which he is now planning on taking the vet and trupanion to court. I've been very lucky in the sense I've only had to use my company once (knock on wood- very hard and a million times) they sent me the full amount. Even though the wording was not exact match they to the "policy" the woman called us and then the vet to verify.

Apr 19, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho and Lola
I'm glad that your policy worked for you. It is unfortunate that responsible pet owners have to go through unfair practices when then their intentions were nothing but the best for their pet. Lesson learned for me and I hope this forum at least encourages potential buyers to be aware of what's out there.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.