Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
OMG.Y Ou and poor Sherman have been through hell. I am so praying that he has made a turn around and is well on the road to his recovery. He is probably exhausted, as you are which is totally understandable. GOD BLESS you all :pray2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm curious to find out if any of you have exprerienced your dog having constant diarrhea after the surgery? When I was younger (40 years ago), my mom's dog's tail amputation was horrible so I would never even think to have Dozer's tail done. However, listening to you all makes me think twice as Dozer has horrible itching and I am constantly (4X a day, at least) cleaning under his tail. It is really tight and most people think he doesn't even have a tail. Any thoughts?

talk with your vet about it... if it is that tight, and leads to constant infections, you may not have a choice. But, if it just needs daily cleaning, it is part of the routine (that is may case with Banks... tight, but luckily, never an infection)

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Thank you. I think for now I'll leave it since it doesn't get infected, but sometimes just smells real bad. My Dozer loves a shower and to have it cleaned so it's no big deal to me. I don't mind taking care of his hiney. LOL

OP
Jonel

Jonel

Jun 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
Thanks to all of you for your prayers and positive thoughts. Sherman has recovered and is back with us at home. 14 days of hospitalization and a whopping bill later....infection seems to gone and his tail is healing nicely. His old personality is back. What an ordeal!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@Jonel

Your Sherman is one tough fighter and is very lucky to have
survived such infection. Why won't 'some' doctors listen to
mother's instinct...we know our babies best! Thank you for
updating us and give your sweetie a gentle hug from Cami
& me~GOD bless you!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9213]Jonel[/MENTION] Very happy to hear that Sherman has made it and come home! I know it has been a long, hard road. Good news to hear! (though not about the bill...) But that is what we do when we love them. Can't even imagine the abuse that "people" do.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.