Other FYI - Just some info sharing regarding Water

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
So some of you on my facebook may remember awhile back that just when we moved to another house in early March Nigel began having diarrhea issues and accidents (luckily not on the carpet). Well I wanted to share in case others have similar issues - it's always hard to pinpoint causes of our bully issues.
When he started having these issues and I knew we hadn't changed food but I was aware that our water changed - we had hard water in the previous house and the water here has a softener. Well I decided to get him some water from the filtered Glacier machine at Randall's and he got better and hasn't had any further issues. I use our milk gallons to refill and if I can't buy the water then I'll take one to work and get water from the breakroom filtered water machine. I'm so glad he got better and of course don't mind the extra steps cause I love him so. It's just weird cause Karly was not affected and she's usually the sensitive one.

Sending love to all my bully families!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, that's great that you figured out the source of the diarrhea, and thanks for sharing this information. It is so true that sometimes it's really hard to pinpoint just what is causing reactions, illness, or symptoms in our bullies. Many wouldn't have thought of water as a source of diarrhea, good job mommy. My daughter had a water softener in her old house, that was put in place by the builder, as they also had hard water. They were notified and advised not to drink the water from the soft water tap, because the chemicals used to soften the water are a known carcinogen, and also there is a lot of sodium in soft water. Another tip I find helpful when determining what our bullies are allergic or sensitive to is to add one new food, treat, or supplement at a time, and by itself, so if there is some kind of a reaction, you will know right away what caused it.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That's good that you have worked out what was giving him diarrhoea and can now be remedied

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Going from hard water to soft water…i think i would've been baffled as to what was going on. Good job Sally in figuring out what the problem was! :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow what a great job figuring that out. I would never had even thought about the hard water issue. I refuse to give Buster tap water as I know that there's so much added stuff in it. He only gets bottled water always has and always will.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would have never thought of that.... great info! thanks

Staff online

Members online